Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Massive Battery Percentage Inche rease & Decrease.

Sorry if this has been covered, but while attempting to charge my phone I'll shut it off then the battery will jump to 90%. I'll turn it on thinking I have near a full battery but it'll decrease to the single digits. Could it be a bug, I'm assuming it's the charger I'm using. I lost the original, I'm using one from my LG G Flex.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 😏

Default Re: Massive Battery Percentage Inche rease & Decrease.

I think so, if the saga of the iPhone charger were to reoccur can be prevented. Best to get another one of the official chargers

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

You can try another charger or cable, but I haven't heard either of those causing this type of issue. Does the phone get exceptionally hot when the readings spike? If so, it's likely a bad battery. If not, it could be a software bug.

EDIT: this is assuming the other charger is strong enough. Even then, the only time I've seen a weak charger cause problems is just slow charge times, or charge loss when plugged in and using the phone.

My M8 did the same thing a few months ago. I ran the battery all the way down till it died and then charged it to 100% over night. After that i didn't have anymore issues after that. Hope this helps you out.

Posted via Android Central App
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll try that, I charged it till 100% then unplugged it then restarted it. It's running fine now, I'm a run it to zero then charge it overnight, it never happened using the LG charger before. I called HTC & they're sending me a new charger.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 πŸ‘πŸ“±