New M8 User

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Just switched my service from Sprint to T-Mobile and picked up the M8. I had the LGG2, which was excellent but was impressed with the build quality of the HTC. I was skeptical because of my past experience with the Eris, Thunderbolt & Incredible that I've had in the past. After a few days of use, I'm blown away at how far HTC has come. I haven't noticed any quirks yet, but based on my experience so far, I doubt there will be many with the M8. This is definitely top of the food chain. My wife has the iPhone 5s , which is more expensive and this phone tops that phone in every category. Everything is flawless.

Posted via Android Central App

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Welcome. I have been using the HTC One M8 since it came out in Verizon. It has been flawless since day one.

Leslie Hatcher

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
My only complaint coming from iPhone 5s is the M8 has a horrible camera. If this could be improved, this would be the perfect phone for me. That is my only complaint. Battery is awesome (same apps downloaded on M8 as I had on my Galaxy s5 and the S5 drained quickly!) And my other thumbs up is to the speakers/sound when I play music.

holyjesusjuice

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
When I went to tmobile I too picked up the M8. Unfortunately, as much as I liked everything else about the phone, I had to trade it in for the S5, for the better camera and the water resistance, both of which are highly needed for my job.

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The speakers makeup for the camera in my case. But if the camera and water resistance are your main things to have. I can see your reason for the change. I just can't stand the user interface of Samsung. It's just too gimmicky and looks to kiddy for me. I guess you could solve everyone off those issues with root and boot loader unlock.😏 Good luck with your S5 and for god sakes don't get it wet even if it's water resistant. I just couldn't do it regardless.lol😉

holyjesusjuice

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
The speakers makeup for the camera in my case. But if the camera and water resistance are your main things to have. I can see your reason for the change. I just can't stand the user interface of Samsung. It's just too gimmicky and looks to kiddy for me. I guess you could solve everyone off those issues with root and boot loader unlock.😏 Good luck with your S5 and for god sakes don't get it wet even if it's water resistant. I just couldn't do it regardless.lol😉

I already dropped it in the ocean. Girl is still standing strong.

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I love my M8 and the camera honestly isn't all that bad. I will admit though that compared to my fiances note 3 it's a no brainer for me which I prefer camera wise. Grats on your new device it's an amazing device since I've had it :)

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I left HTC after the HTC Evo 4G LTE and decided to give this phone a try coming from the Nexus 5 (I'm on the original tmobile jump plan so I can switch every six months). I really like this so far. The Evo was a mess of bugs from day one, I'm hoping the M8 stays bug free.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Welcome. Good to hear you're enjoying the phone. It really is a great phone.

Not sure how the sales are, but I hope they're better than what the M7 were so we can look forward to an M9 next year.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint coming from iPhone 5s is the M8 has a horrible camera. If this could be improved, this would be the perfect phone for me. That is my only complaint. Battery is awesome (same apps downloaded on M8 as I had on my Galaxy s5 and the S5 drained quickly!) And my other thumbs up is to the speakers/sound when I play music.

I love my M8 HK on Sprint. I'm pleasantly surprised how fast Sprint has improved in many areas I travel, and I travel all over the country, a lot. I like the camera, and I have a vocational certificate in Photography. It has limitations, such as not using the zoom feature. It also has it's advantages, including it's low light capabilities.Sometimes just a little tweak, or even just touching the screen, where you'd like to focus, may make the difference between a great shot and a "horrible" shot.

raymaane

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Loving my M8 on T-Mobile. Speakers are amazing, and I've gotten some pretty nice shots with this "horrible" camera. All around good device, I don't regret my decision at all. The size is perfect for me as well. Enjoy your M8!

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I love my M8 HK on Sprint. I'm pleasantly surprised how fast Sprint has improved in many areas I travel, and I travel all over the country, a lot. I like the camera, and I have a vocational certificate in Photography. It has limitations, such as not using the zoom feature. It also has it's advantages, including it's low light capabilities.Sometimes just a little tweak, or even just touching the screen, where you'd like to focus, may make the difference between a great shot and a "horrible" shot.

Two things. Does the Sprint M8 have an option to change network to GSM only if you need to? And is there a hard manual focus option? Because manual > AF through rain on glass, and there's been a lot of rain to help me appreciate this.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Two things. Does the Sprint M8 have an option to change network to GSM only if you need to? And is there a hard manual focus option? Because manual > AF through rain on glass, and there's been a lot of rain to help me appreciate this.
Screenshot_2014-06-30-13-35-10.jpg
It is capable, but I'm not sure how to use the GSM mode. I think it's used when traveling overseas. As far as the focus thing, you can manually focus by tapping on the screen where you want to focus.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 125648
It is capable, but I'm not sure how to use the GSM mode. I think it's used when traveling overseas. As far as the focus thing, you can manually focus by tapping on the screen where you want to focus.

Sprint has no GSM towers at this time, so its all roaming. But if you actually get stuck with a weak CDMA signal or a 'tower busy' message you can use that mode to force roaming and try with a different tower. Nice tool when traveling.

Ah yeah, if it's not in the extra settings then maybe there isn't one on the M8. With the ISO controls and such I thought there may be. On my phone I can enable a slider that locks the focus at a specific depth, I mostly use it to take shots of birds outside the window, but you can also use it for trick stills with a mirror or such. You can take pictures faster because it skips the focus check too.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I love the camera, so we'll have to agree to disagree 😉. It takes pictures quickly, and good enough for my obsessive social media usage. However, my wife has the IPhone 5s and the camera is probably the best thing going for it.

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site

I liked Sprint, but couldn't get a connection at work, and because I spend half of my life there, I had to switch. T-Mobile is a bit cheaper for me than sprint, so that's a plus. I took my first night picture tonight, and was totally impressed with the quality of the picture. Loving the M8 so far. How's the sound quality with the Harmon Kardon edition?

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Love my M8! Upgraded from my M7 which was my first android phone coming from the world of BlackBerry and I have never looked back.. The sound on this thing is unbelievable and that's what I mainly use my phone for.. I have a lot of music 10GB or so and constantly listen to music at home or work.. so that was my main decision on buying the HTC One over anything else android.. Very happy customer over here..

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish