Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default htc m8 notifications

Hi I'm new to the android os and need some guidance regarding notifications please!

I have gone from my iPhone to the HTC M8 but cannot get any of the notifications like I used to do on my iPhone, e.g sky sports notifications like chille being ko'd from the world cup etc.

I have downloaded Nils to help with this however that has only seemed to work with Ebay.

Please can someone help me to get the notifications to come up like they did on my iPhone so when the screen was locked etc???

Many thanks everyone!

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Default Re: htc m8 notifications

The simple answer is that you can turn some on in your settings menu. The bad news is that they are not as robust as your iPhone lock screen notifications.

I am hoping HTC will allow the normal lock screen notifications in the "L" release of Android later this year. They will look more like Google Now notification cards.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

So does this mean that one cannot control notifications per application? For example, I want notifications from some but not others...

Thanks,
    R

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
    So does this mean that one cannot control notifications per application? For example, I want notifications from some but not others...

Thanks,
    R
    Yes you can

Quote Originally Posted by JibbaJabba10 View Post
    Yes you can
    Hmm are there multiple settings for this? I have "notification preview" checked in text messages but nothing seems to show.

Quote Originally Posted by gmh23 View Post
    Hmm are there multiple settings for this? I have "notification preview" checked in text messages but nothing seems to show.
    Are you using the stock messaging app with the M8?
    What i know is that if you are using the phone the very top of the screen will do a scroll preview of the text message you have just received.
    It will not do a notification like the Iphone and light up on the lock screen (although i think other messaging apps you can).
    You will get the notification light (if turned on in general settings).

Quote Originally Posted by JibbaJabba10 View Post
    Are you using the stock messaging app with the M8?
    What i know is that if you are using the phone the very top of the screen will do a scroll preview of the text message you have just received.
    It will not do a notification like the Iphone and light up on the lock screen (although i think other messaging apps you can).
    You will get the notification light (if turned on in general settings).
    Yep, all seems to be functioning now! Thanks