Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JoePa2624
  • 1 Post By roflwaffleton
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How Does the M8 Handle MS Office?

I am currently in the market for a new phone as my Moto X is a great phone, but can't handle what I need my phone to be able to do for work. It needs a little more horsepower.

I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on how the M8 handles Microsoft Office, particularly Excel? I'm not necessarily concerned with using the phone to make changes in Excel, but my Moto X can't even view Excel documents without lagging and sometimes freezing.

I'm trying to decide between the Note 3 and the M8. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    techitrucker likes this.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Default Re: How Does the M8 Handle MS Office?

Polaris Office 5 comes built in, and it seems to handle excel files very well... do a Google for it... I think it is impressive so far.

R

There is also third party apps as well to download. However I've had no issues when it comes to Excel sheets with my M8

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JoePa2624 View Post
    I am currently in the market for a new phone as my Moto X is a great phone, but can't handle what I need my phone to be able to do for work. It needs a little more horsepower.

I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on how the M8 handles Microsoft Office, particularly Excel? I'm not necessarily concerned with using the phone to make changes in Excel, but my Moto X can't even view Excel documents without lagging and sometimes freezing.

I'm trying to decide between the Note 3 and the M8. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    It will do everything you need and more. It does not lag when dealing with these files. Also, you should install Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive. After you install all of those, you can view and edit all of your files far better than you ever thought you could on a mobile phone.

I will be writing motions and other documents on my computer and will pick up my phone and walk to court and finish them in the courtroom (while waiting on other cases to finish up). My HTC One M8 is the best phone I have ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by law2010 View Post
    It will do everything you need and more. It does not lag when dealing with these files. Also, you should install Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive. After you install all of those, you can view and edit all of your files far better than you ever thought you could on a mobile phone.

I will be writing motions and other documents on my computer and will pick up my phone and walk to court and finish them in the courtroom (while waiting on other cases to finish up). My HTC One M8 is the best phone I have ever owned.
    Quick Office is now owned by Google and is free. It works great on all platforms and you can create, edit and view all Office formats.
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Microsoft Office works fine on it. If you are trying to edit and it gives you and error that the file is protected, open it thru One Drive instead of directly thru Office and it should work. Don't know why as that still opens Office for Android to do the actual editing but it does.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    Quick Office is now owned by Google and is free. It works great on all platforms and you can create, edit and view all Office formats.
    Google Docs, Sheets, Slides permanently replace Quickoffice | Android Central
    mfreeland likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePa2624 View Post
    I'm not necessarily concerned with using the phone to make changes in Excel, but my Moto X can't even view Excel documents without lagging and sometimes freezing.
    Have you tried QuickOffice and/or Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides to see if those work first? If not, make sure you do that before you go out and spend money on a new phone?