How Does the M8 Handle MS Office?

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I am currently in the market for a new phone as my Moto X is a great phone, but can't handle what I need my phone to be able to do for work. It needs a little more horsepower.

I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on how the M8 handles Microsoft Office, particularly Excel? I'm not necessarily concerned with using the phone to make changes in Excel, but my Moto X can't even view Excel documents without lagging and sometimes freezing.

I'm trying to decide between the Note 3 and the M8. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Polaris Office 5 comes built in, and it seems to handle excel files very well... do a Google for it... I think it is impressive so far.

R

TheUnknownUser

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
There is also third party apps as well to download. However I've had no issues when it comes to Excel sheets with my M8

Posted via Android Central App

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I am currently in the market for a new phone as my Moto X is a great phone, but can't handle what I need my phone to be able to do for work. It needs a little more horsepower.

I'm curious to get everyone's thoughts on how the M8 handles Microsoft Office, particularly Excel? I'm not necessarily concerned with using the phone to make changes in Excel, but my Moto X can't even view Excel documents without lagging and sometimes freezing.

I'm trying to decide between the Note 3 and the M8. Thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

It will do everything you need and more. It does not lag when dealing with these files. Also, you should install Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive. After you install all of those, you can view and edit all of your files far better than you ever thought you could on a mobile phone.

I will be writing motions and other documents on my computer and will pick up my phone and walk to court and finish them in the courtroom (while waiting on other cases to finish up). My HTC One M8 is the best phone I have ever owned.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
It will do everything you need and more. It does not lag when dealing with these files. Also, you should install Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Drive. After you install all of those, you can view and edit all of your files far better than you ever thought you could on a mobile phone.

I will be writing motions and other documents on my computer and will pick up my phone and walk to court and finish them in the courtroom (while waiting on other cases to finish up). My HTC One M8 is the best phone I have ever owned.
Quick Office is now owned by Google and is free. It works great on all platforms and you can create, edit and view all Office formats.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft Office works fine on it. If you are trying to edit and it gives you and error that the file is protected, open it thru One Drive instead of directly thru Office and it should work. Don't know why as that still opens Office for Android to do the actual editing but it does.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm not necessarily concerned with using the phone to make changes in Excel, but my Moto X can't even view Excel documents without lagging and sometimes freezing.

Have you tried QuickOffice and/or Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides to see if those work first? If not, make sure you do that before you go out and spend money on a new phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci