Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Lookout app

    Does htc m8 need it
    Also does it really kill the battery

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  
    law2010's Avatar

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lookout app

    Quote Originally Posted by fiat3192 View Post
    Does htc m8 need it
    Also does it really kill the battery

    Posted via Android Central App
    If you install approved apps from the app store from well-known developers, I do not see a reason for you needing this app.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Lookout app

    Lookout is a great app. I paid for it. Offers a lot especially if you lose your phone. Paid version allows protection for 3 devices.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Lookout app

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    Lookout is a great app. I paid for it. Offers a lot especially if you lose your phone. Paid version allows protection for 3 devices.
    Protection in what way? Just remote wiping of the device?

    If that's the case then I wouldn't bother. The One has a security system that if the passcode/pattern is input incorrectly 10 times or so, then it'll auto-wipe the device.

    Otherwise, no OP, if you just download approved apps through the Play Store, then you don't really need security apps.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Lookout app

    I found something else

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Lookout app

    Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Protection in what way? Just remote wiping of the device?

    If that's the case then I wouldn't bother. The One has a security system that if the passcode/pattern is input incorrectly 10 times or so, then it'll auto-wipe the device.

    Otherwise, no OP, if you just download approved apps through the Play Store, then you don't really need security apps.
    If you looked at it you can see the location of your phone using GPS on their website and I recommend this app to everyone because even if your gps is off your phone will send out a "flare" before dying with its lay GPS coordinates

    Posted via Android Central App
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Lookout app

    It also emails you a picture of the person attempting to unlock your phone (on the 3rd try).
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Lookout app

    Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    It also emails you a picture of the person attempting to unlock your phone (on the 3rd try).
    Have you tried this feature? It seems to email me a black/blank image. Worked fine on the One X. I thought maybe it was some new security in kitkat preventing access to the camera when locked? Even though Lookout is set as an administrator.
  9. #9  
    tutor's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Lookout app

    I'm on my second year of using this app. I really works well esp for if you can't find your phone... my wife misplaced her phone twice and when calling it we still couldn't hear it ringing, but I made it "scream" remotely via the app and we were able to find it with no problem. If someone attempts to unlock your phone, after 3 tries, it will send you an email with it's location and a picture (from the front camera) and of course it can also remote lock and/or wipe the phone, it's good piece of mind imho.
  10. #10  
    davidnc's Avatar

    Posts
    6,570 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,720 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

    Default Re: Lookout app

    Quote Originally Posted by tryatt View Post
    Have you tried this feature? It seems to email me a black/blank image. Worked fine on the One X. I thought maybe it was some new security in kitkat preventing access to the camera when locked? Even though Lookout is set as an administrator.
    Its not what I have underlined in what I quoted from you. That Lookout feature works fine on my Moto X running Kit Kat 4.4.2 its been tested

    Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Protection in what way? Just remote wiping of the device?

    If that's the case then I wouldn't bother. The One has a security system that if the passcode/pattern is input incorrectly 10 times or so, then it'll auto-wipe the device.

    Otherwise, no OP, if you just download approved apps through the Play Store, then you don't really need security apps.
    I like it for the remote wipe, location of phone ,camera emailing feature,and signal flare.

    I know android device manager can do some of the same things,also in my case the Motorola Device Policy(Lost Device) can do some of the same things too.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 07:58 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 09:28 PM
  3. App Won't Install
    By unregistered in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2014, 09:26 PM
  4. Stock Messaging App and Group Messaging?
    By The_Smurph in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-30-2014, 09:44 PM
  5. about safe gallary free app
    By sam in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 05:14 PM

Posting Permissions