Anyone else still waiting on the ATT update with Extreme Power Saving Mode?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I went to the store a about a month ago, and said it would be coming, but its been almost 2 months. Anyone else still waiting?

Well, @Gregls what you can do is instead of waiting for the AT&T to release the "Extreme Power Saving mode Update" head over the play store and download battery saver apps like Battery doctor, du battery saver etc... They will acts almost the same way that the update from At&t is based upon. Looks what it does to save the power is killing out the application which is running over the back ground, switching the data connection on/off according to the requirements of the ..... !! Do one thing here read what kills down your smartphone power over here: What sucks your Android smartphone battery? | Rapidsoft Technologies It will help you in understanding the reason behind !!

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Confused, I have a 2 day old M8 from ATT the ext power seems to work just fine? Are you saying ATT is going to have an update to it?

Forgot as soon as I got my phone it had a 200 meg I think update so I did that before setting up phone maybe that was EXT update?

I went to the store a about a month ago, and said it would be coming, but its been almost 2 months. Anyone else still waiting?

GregIsARadDude

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Nope, Stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Confused, I have a 2 day old M8 from ATT the ext power seems to work just fine? Are you saying ATT is going to have an update to it?

Forgot as soon as I got my phone it had a 200 meg I think update so I did that before setting up phone maybe that was EXT update?

On May 14th, ATT released a software update for the M8, which among other things, added the Extreme Power Save mode that was on the phone at release in the rest of the world ex USA. I still haven't gotten the update.

GregIsARadDude

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Oh, i dont typically have problems with my battery life, but when I'm at conferences i use my phone a lot and it would be nice to be able to switch that mode on at the end of the day to save my phone for emergencies. Mostly just want to know if im the only one not getting updates pushed to my phone.

GregIsARadDude

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I just called ATT tech support. They wanted me to do a factory reset on the phone, but im going to try swapping out the Sim first and see if that helps.

Brunnaso

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I just called ATT tech support. They wanted me to do a factory reset on the phone, but im going to try swapping out the Sim first and see if that helps.

I had the same problem, i bought an unlocked htc one m8 branded att, i'm from argentina and have no chance to put an att sim to get the update. So i searched on the web until find this... Manually update. here's the link, hope to help you.

HTC One (M8) AT&T -News & download | HTC United States

Ntbook

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, i bought an unlocked htc one m8 branded att, i'm from argentina and have no chance to put an att sim to get the update. So i searched on the web until find this... Manually update. here's the link, hope to help you.

HTC One (M8) AT&T -News & download | HTC United States

I'm from Argentina too. How can you tell yours is from at&t? Does it have a logo printed?
I'm interested because mine is not having updates neither, but as I bought it from a seller I don't know if it's from an operator or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Brunnaso

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Great! i'm the only one! jaja.. to see if it is branded att usually there is a logo on the back of the device, and when you turn it on appears the same logo..
spacer.gif
ATT-HTC-All-New-One-press-1.jpg

Ntbook

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Great! i'm the only one! jaja.. to see if it is branded att usually there is a logo on the back of the device, and when you turn it on appears the same logo..
View attachment 125817
View attachment 125818

Jaja indeed! Mine doesn't have any logo on the back, nor in the box it came. And when I turn it on there's only the HTC logo, I guess it's not from any operator then. Still, no updates yet.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Jaja indeed! Mine doesn't have any logo on the back, nor in the box it came. And when I turn it on there's only the HTC logo, I guess it's not from any operator then. Still, no updates yet.

I see AT&T in the status bar, upper left corner..OOPS!! im commenting on quote you made ...lol thats not your phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza