Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else still waiting on the ATT update with Extreme Power Saving Mode?

I went to the store a about a month ago, and said it would be coming, but its been almost 2 months. Anyone else still waiting?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else still waiting on the ATT update with Extreme Power Saving Mode?

Quote Originally Posted by GregIsARadDude View Post
    I went to the store a about a month ago, and said it would be coming, but its been almost 2 months. Anyone else still waiting?
    Well, @Gregls what you can do is instead of waiting for the AT&T to release the "Extreme Power Saving mode Update" head over the play store and download battery saver apps like Battery doctor, du battery saver etc... They will acts almost the same way that the update from At&t is based upon. Looks what it does to save the power is killing out the application which is running over the back ground, switching the data connection on/off according to the requirements of the ..... !! Do one thing here read what kills down your smartphone power over here: What sucks your Android smartphone battery? | Rapidsoft Technologies It will help you in understanding the reason behind !!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone else still waiting on the ATT update with Extreme Power Saving Mode?

Nope. Got mine quick. Is your phone rooted?

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Confused, I have a 2 day old M8 from ATT the ext power seems to work just fine? Are you saying ATT is going to have an update to it?

Forgot as soon as I got my phone it had a 200 meg I think update so I did that before setting up phone maybe that was EXT update?

Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Nope, Stock.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trido#AC View Post
    Confused, I have a 2 day old M8 from ATT the ext power seems to work just fine? Are you saying ATT is going to have an update to it?

Forgot as soon as I got my phone it had a 200 meg I think update so I did that before setting up phone maybe that was EXT update?
    On May 14th, ATT released a software update for the M8, which among other things, added the Extreme Power Save mode that was on the phone at release in the rest of the world ex USA. I still haven't gotten the update.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Oh, i dont typically have problems with my battery life, but when I'm at conferences i use my phone a lot and it would be nice to be able to switch that mode on at the end of the day to save my phone for emergencies. Mostly just want to know if im the only one not getting updates pushed to my phone.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

I just called ATT tech support. They wanted me to do a factory reset on the phone, but im going to try swapping out the Sim first and see if that helps.

I just called ATT tech support. They wanted me to do a factory reset on the phone, but im going to try swapping out the Sim first and see if that helps.
    I had the same problem, i bought an unlocked htc one m8 branded att, i'm from argentina and have no chance to put an att sim to get the update. So i searched on the web until find this... Manually update. here's the link, hope to help you.

HTC One (M8) AT&T -News & download | HTC United States

Quote Originally Posted by Brunnaso View Post
    I had the same problem, i bought an unlocked htc one m8 branded att, i'm from argentina and have no chance to put an att sim to get the update. So i searched on the web until find this... Manually update. here's the link, hope to help you.

HTC One (M8) AT&T -News & download | HTC United States
    I'm from Argentina too. How can you tell yours is from at&t? Does it have a logo printed?
    I'm interested because mine is not having updates neither, but as I bought it from a seller I don't know if it's from an operator or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Great! i'm the only one! jaja.. to see if it is branded att usually there is a logo on the back of the device, and when you turn it on appears the same logo..
    Anyone else still waiting on the ATT update with Extreme Power Saving Mode?-spacer.gif
    Anyone else still waiting on the ATT update with Extreme Power Saving Mode?-att-htc-all-new-one-press-1.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Ntbook 

Quote Originally Posted by Brunnaso View Post
    Great! i'm the only one! jaja.. to see if it is branded att usually there is a logo on the back of the device, and when you turn it on appears the same logo..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spacer.gif 
Views:	53 
Size:	43 Bytes 
ID:	125817
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ATT-HTC-All-New-One-press-1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	118.3 KB 
ID:	125818
    Jaja indeed! Mine doesn't have any logo on the back, nor in the box it came. And when I turn it on there's only the HTC logo, I guess it's not from any operator then. Still, no updates yet.

Flashoholic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ntbook View Post
    Jaja indeed! Mine doesn't have any logo on the back, nor in the box it came. And when I turn it on there's only the HTC logo, I guess it's not from any operator then. Still, no updates yet.

I see AT&T in the status bar, upper left corner..OOPS!! im commenting on quote you made ...lol thats not your phone