Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gallery app

Hi all

Just upgraded from a long suffering Galaxy S3. Many things I love about the new phone (not least the speed!), but I think I will go as far as saying I find the gallery app...disappointing. Hate the highlights feature (can anyone honestly say they have ever wanted a musical slideshow of their pics? It's an annoying distraction) and, in terms of functionality, I find the whole interface a bit dated. Given the choice, I would have the samsung one when I can shrink the thumbnails and have the folders running along the side or increase the size of the thumbnails and lose the folders - all with a swipe.

Am I missing something (I am, admitedly, new to HTC) or can I not adjust this to my liking? At the very least can I get rid of the highlights section at the top of the folder? If not, can anyone recomend a good third-party app that won't offend me quite as much? Happy to buy something if it's worth it.

It's a beautiful thing otherwise and I look forward to understanding it a little better.

Thanks!

Default Re: Gallery app

Try quick piic

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

You can turn the sound off permanently.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Geezerb View Post
    You can turn the sound off permanently.
    Thanks Geezerb, but somehow that offends me even more! It annoys me that this crap feature (persoanal opinion, obviously) takes up so much space at the top of the folder. Trying QuickPic, which is better, but still not as neat and user friendly as I want. Expected more attention to detail on a flagship phone.