- 86 Posts
..hmmmm.. Quite flaky it seems.
I am swapping my phone due to a fault (rattle) and I did a full back up using the HTC cloud back up. I did a restore, and it restored settings from weeks ago ie. The same data I transferred from my One X to the M8. So either the backup hasn't been working apart from initially, even though it confirms it has been, or its just rubbish.
I then reset the phone again and tried to restore it again and this time it completely failed to restore, so i had even less data this time round!
Switching back to google back up from now on!
Anyone else had any success/failures with it?
- 06-30-2014, 11:06 AM #2
- 358 Posts
Re: HTC BackupMIKE
HTC ONE M8 HK Edition
- 86 Posts
Re: HTC Backup
Very strange.. Tried the restore on the new device, and it worked! Even after I deleted one of the backup files on drop box (>100mb file). I'm not sure if thats what did it, as that didn't help on the previous restores, but the only difference this time was that I wasn't at home so had to restore via mobile data and not wifi!
Either way, I think I'll be backing up via google, HTC and hard backups on a PC!
- By TWC42 in forum HTC One MiniReplies: 3Last Post: 08-25-2014, 08:59 AM
- By Photon4glover in forum Marketplace ArchiveReplies: 8Last Post: 07-04-2014, 01:38 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 10:19 AM
- By johnnie 65 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 09:57 AM
- By James Manton in forum HTC One M7Replies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2014, 08:54 AM