Battery goes from 45% to full charge in secs!?

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I posted a bit ago that I was using my phone and it had more than 1/4 battery left and it suddenly shut off from drained battery only to charge it and have it act normal . Well, just a bit ago I was charging my phone ( it was at 45%)and I shut it off n turned it back on and the battery was fully charge. What's going on here ? Any ideas

rickms80

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
I've also experienced this issue twice with my phone. I have to restart the phone a few more times before it starts showing the correct battery information. Right now it's working correctly.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
let the battery run down to the point the phone shuts off. While its off plug in the charger. When its done charging leave it plugged in and power it on, allow to sit for another 20 minutes or so then unplug and use..
This will calibrate it. By letting it run completely down it now has a zero starting point.

If you dont let it run completely down over time it forgets where zero is.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I found this work, when u turn the phone off to charge unplug it then shut it off or never plug it in then shut it off. For some reason it jumps the percentage. Also, unplug the phone then power on. It'll drop by a percent but u can always plug it back in once u hit the lock screen.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

RRHMJ23

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
do i do this every single time i charge it ? These newer phones have batteries that are true to What They say. So 100% is 100%.
let the battery run down to the point the phone shuts off. While its off plug in the charger. When its done charging leave it plugged in and power it on, allow to sit for another 20 minutes or so then unplug and use..
This will calibrate it. By letting it run completely down it now has a zero starting point.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm almost positive this information is not true.

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
But for what were talking about, calibrating every month or so, its fine.
Bump charging daily or several times a week is not recommended.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm almost positive this information is not true.

Posted via Android Central App
IT works for me. So im almost positive the information is true.
It also looks like its worked for a few other people.. so the proverbial dont take my word for it seems to apply rather well here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke