Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My HTC One M8 lags real bad sometimes

Most of the time my device is smooth.. but sometimes it'll LAG so bad. This is reminiscent of when I had the HTC One X+ which ran the Tegra3 chip..

It's super strange.. it'll be so slow and then suddenly speed back up.

The only things I've done are backed up my M7 and restored to the M8 using the transfer tool. I have 3 email accounts, exchange/hotmail and yahoo.

When it starts lagging bad, I see the spinning arrows indicating it's trying to do a sync of my accounts.. I really don't want to wipe my device, but this is super annoying. My M7 never once experienced ANY sort of lag, and suddenly my M8 does.

If I update apps, fuhgidabout it.. my device lags really bad for a few minutes after.

Anyone else have odd slowdowns?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Default Re: My HTC One M8 lags real bad sometimes

Mine does the same as well once i update apps, but i'll clean the cache out & itll be fine. I usually update like 50 apps at once tho
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Strangely enough, I switched back to DALVIK and the thing is buttery smooth. No more lag anywhere including installing apps.. I opt'd for ART almost immediately after I got the device and had been running it that way since and was experiencing all sorts of odd slowdowns randomly throughout the day. Switching back to DALVIK and I am experiencing no slowdowns at all and it's been a week!
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

The same thing started happening to my M8 recently, and I didn't know why. I was also using mine on ART, I switched back to dalvik and I have no issues now. I had been running on ART for so long too, it only recently started doing that.

Posted via Android Central App