Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Fix for sound system tower's media keys not affecting HTC One/Android?

So I have some Craig sound system tower which I plug my HTC One into via the audio jack. The media keys on the system (play/pause, skip) do not change the player on my phone. I've tried multiple music players and another android device with no solution. The system is slightly dated, I got it a little before android started getting popular so its probably compatibility issues but I was just hoping for a software fix someone might know of.

Probably not the best forum to submit this to but, o well.

Default Re: Fix for sound system tower's media keys not affecting HTC One/Android?

The audio jack is for audio only and no phone can be controlled from them. You need a data connection to interface with the device. I know many devices can control an iPhone/iPod through the data cable, but Android doesn't have that functionality out of the box. At best, you either need a specific app that allows the phone and sound system to "talk" to each other, or plug in with the USB connection if the system allows for browsing similar to how you'd browse the phone from a computer. Most systems that allow for media playback controls out of the box only apply to i-devices.
    Thanked by:
    Enuiks