Chrome, Firefox, Opera or Dolphin?

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I ran them all just now. Spending time with each one and Opera is amazing. It feels the fastest. Chroma was a bit slow and firefox did not feel as smooth. I like the UI in opera too.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Dolphin seems to have high reviews. What does it offer?
I read it can offer flash, i thought flash on the phones was taboo but then again what do i know im coming from the 5S. Feel free to educate me on this.

Anyways, I do like the dolphin browser. I am trying to see if I can use it as my main browser like Opera which feels faster.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess it really comes down to personal preference. I chose Opera and I do like it. I had no idea Chrome had flash, thanks for the opinion guys.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Chrome doesn't have flash. Flash has officially been unsupported on Android for a while now and you can't find it on Play. I think security concerns and the movement to HTML5 are the stated reasons. You can still find legacy Android Flash versions on Adobe's website to install, then install a flash compatible browser because Chrome will not use it even with it installed.

There's a basic AOSP browser I liked that mimicked the older stock, non-Chrome, browsers but requires root to install. It did allow Flash, but I'm not rooted on the M8 (yet). I've tried some of the other popular browsers and have Dolphin for when I need Flash, but they're all too feature rich for my tastes. I like a basic, no nonsense browser. I don't need gesture controls, specially menus, tab and bookmark sync, etc. like most browsers have now.

Also, the current version of Chrome has some glitches that made me uninstall the update. Otherwise, for as bloated as it is, the M8 is powerful enough to run it without much lag. Now if only I could delete the Verizon bookmark folder so it would stop trying to default to that useless thing when I go into my bookmarks. Grrr.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I use Chrome simply because I use it for my PC and having all my website history, saved passwords and tab sync is really handy.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Chrome simply because I use it for my PC and having all my website history, saved passwords and tab sync is really handy.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Exactly why I use it. So simple to have everything from my pc right on my phone really. I have used Dolphin and like it also though. But I stick with Chrome 99% of the time.

stlcards504

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I tend to use Firefox on the home computer, but I prefer Chrome on the phone. No real reason I guess. I started android on a Nexus 7 and I think that was stock on that device so I guess I just got used to it. To lazy to test others out. It does what I want so not much reason to switch.

Posted via Android Central App

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Opera. It's a huge battery hog but I love how it feels. For many things I still use Opera Classic of course, that one was just so efficient. ALWAYS identify as desktop if you can, the phone can handle it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox