Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Super Dave426
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default camera setting for fireworks

    Any last minute tips or ideas on how to get the best firework photos tomorrow? Thanks guys!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Don't use a phone
  3. #3  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by elshagon View Post
    Don't use a phone
    Pretty much. Though if I were able to catch any shows, I'd play with the video options. Especially the slow motion recording, but not sure how well it'd pick up in that kind of lighting.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Ok, regardless that you should use a better camera, you can do Ok with your phone.

    Take it off of auto and put it on manual by hitting the auto tab, then the letter M.
    Set the iso to 800, and then set the shutter speed to the bottom or 4.

    that will be a 4 second exposure. Leave it on that, but keep your hands ultra steady or mount the phone to a tri pod.

    If it looks too bright, change it to iso 400.
    But you want a timed exposure, so leave it on 4 seconds if you want nice trails.

    Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Phone's all I got since I'm out of town. I like the idea of shooting a video, then I could take individual shots from there. I'll also play with the shutter speed and iso. Four seconds is an awfully long time to keep my hands steady. Maybe if I'm laying on the ground I'll be able to hold them steady better.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    I used it last week to snap a few shots of fireworks, I just kept tapping the screen where the main explosions were and left it on auto. It worked OK.

    camera setting for fireworks-10492393_10202303763376546_9105662100170542837_n.jpg

    camera setting for fireworks-10435483_10202303764056563_5637728791317393099_n.jpg
    whitelunchbag likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Not bad at all. Did you try to time the shutter, our did you just take a bunch of pictures?
  8. #8  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    I just took a bunch of pictures, didn't change any settings, tapped the screen to focus on the right area.
  9. #9  
    oap81's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Maybe less is more in this case

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by oap81 View Post
    Maybe less is more in this case

    Posted via Android Central App
    What do you mean?
  11. #11  
    oap81's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Instead of playing with the settings. Just click away.

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  
    DickRilloa's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by zachthebomb13 View Post
    I like the idea of shooting a video, then I could take individual shots from there.
    The resolution of those stills will be horrible.
  13. #13  
    bryanmsi's Avatar

    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    I caught this on auto mode. Not bad for a phone....

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails camera setting for fireworks-30349.jpg  
  14. #14  

    Default Re: camera setting for fireworks

    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    Ok, regardless that you should use a better camera, you can do Ok with your phone.

    Take it off of auto and put it on manual by hitting the auto tab, then the letter M.
    Set the iso to 800, and then set the shutter speed to the bottom or 4.

    that will be a 4 second exposure. Leave it on that, but keep your hands ultra steady or mount the phone to a tri pod.

    If it looks too bright, change it to iso 400.
    But you want a timed exposure, so leave it on 4 seconds if you want nice trails.

    Posted via Android Central App using the all new HTC One (m8)
    Handheld four second exposure? You've got to be kidding...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-29-2015, 12:10 AM
  2. Pressy for sale
    By ws6.baker in forum Accessories
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-25-2014, 09:53 AM

Posting Permissions