think I'm moving to the gs5

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I've had fun with this phone. But it just doesn't have the things I want in total. Only thing I'll miss is that speakers.

Posted via Android Central App

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm a letter carrier for the post office. And the built in pedometer and heartbeat sensor are although not a necessary sell its something that's good for me health wise.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm a letter carrier for the post office. And the built in pedometer and heartbeat sensor are although not a necessary sell its something that's good for me health wise.

Those are gimmick features and the heart rate sensor is not accurate. You can install an app for the pedometer if you really need one. I tried the M8 on launch day but the S5 hoopla got the best of me and I went to it. But now I wish I had the M8 back. The speakers are awesome - needless to say I'm looking for another M8.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I've had fun with this phone. But it just doesn't have the things I want in total. Only thing I'll miss is that speakers.

get a fitbit, the zip is $50 and it syncs on the phone with the app. Much more accurate, I have a fot==itbit One and it syncs and gives me points for corporate wellness.

4mynikka

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
I had the S5, the lag, weak speakers and touch wiz are the reasons I went back to the M8. For me the M8 is the most complete package. BTW I also had the Xperia Z2.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The internal pedometer in the HTC is k st as good as the S5 and works with fitbit software. I use it all the time.

I also read that the heart rate monitor of the GS5 was really inaccurate, so you should check it against a real monitor, ideally your finger and a stopwatch.

Waterproof is cool though. I will give it that.

stevextragedy

May 31, 2014
Visit site
The internal pedometer in the HTC is k st as good as the S5 and works with fitbit software. I use it all the time.

I also read that the heart rate monitor of the GS5 was really inaccurate, so you should check it against a real monitor, ideally your finger and a stopwatch.

Waterproof is cool though. I will give it that.

That's another big seller for Me. I don't wanna worry about my phone being in my pocket at work and getting caught in all day rain.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site

Reviews have generally found most phones to be inaccurate regarding tracking steps and the S5 has been known to find your heart rate at 192bpm at a resting heart rate. I would suggest you invest in a Fitbit Flex and get much more accurate information. No phone will really beat a 3rd party fitness tracker at the moment.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Water resistance is about all I'll give the S5 in a head to head. Maybe that and more cases available.

I have an S5 collecting dust right now in favor of the M8 BTW.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Water resistance is about all I'll give the S5 in a head to head. Maybe that and more cases available.

I have an S5 collecting dust right now in favor of the M8 BTW.

You forgot camera. HTC m8 camera can't compete at 4mp.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20