Dot view case

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Anybody use the dot view case? I was interested in getting it, but I read reviews about how it gets in the way when typing a message and has limited functionality, can anyone confirm?

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I have it and must say I enjoy it. It's the first case I've had on a smart phone (I've always preferred to go naked) but I think that the phone is too slick without it. I like that it's a functional case and that it's rather slim. Upon first purchase the flap won't lay against the phone but it will with a couple weeks of use. I fold the flap backwards underneath the phone when I'm using it so it doesn't get in the way when typing. I think my screen stays a bit dirtier with this case because oil get on the inside of the flap and then when you close it they get on your screen. My favorite part is that when you open the flap it powers the screen up for you

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have it, but I dont currently use it. I have 3 cases currently with a 4th on the way, I like options. The dot view is nice and I would deal with the flap aspect without issue, but the color doesnt work with a Red M8 well. The warm black is nothing more than charcoal gray. If it was really black, it would be so much nicer. Oh well.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have it and must say I enjoy it. It's the first case I've had on a smart phone (I've always preferred to go naked) but I think that the phone is too slick without it. I like that it's a functional case and that it's rather slim. Upon first purchase the flap won't lay against the phone but it will with a couple weeks of use. I fold the flap backwards underneath the phone when I'm using it so it doesn't get in the way when typing. I think my screen stays a bit dirtier with this case because oil get on the inside of the flap and then when you close it they get on your screen. My favorite part is that when you open the flap it powers the screen up for you
That's good to hear, it seems like a nice case. What about the notification led, I heard that the case ends up blocking it, is that true?

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have it, but I dont currently use it. I have 3 cases currently with a 4th on the way, I like options. The dot view is nice and I would deal with the flap aspect without issue, but the color doesnt work with a Red M8 well. The warm black is nothing more than charcoal gray. If it was really black, it would be so much nicer. Oh well.
Yeah that was the color I wanted to get. Just couldn't decide if it would be nice for the functionality that it provides.

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I have and enjoy it. The only downside is I cannot see the information when I am outside when the sun is out.

bryanmsi

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Totally gets in the way. It kills your ability to raise the phone and activate the camera with the volume buttons.

Posted via Android Central App

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Mine doesn't block the notification light but I could see how that could be a problem until the case is broke in. Tolerances for that lining up would be small

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Don't forget that it maxes the backlight when in dot view mode, if you have a bad habit of checking screen all the time this will drain battery faster.

abbzys24

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah thanks for the opinions, I'm still deciding on getting it or not. It's like $28 on Amazon that's why I was debating it. I have a regular clear gel case on right now. I'm sending my phone in later for the camera issue. So I might consider getting it and using it for my new device, doesn't it also protect the front camera?

stlrfan78

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I bought an after market one on eBay to try for $15 . it works great,even with tempered screen protector. Its black,with gunmetal plastic back. One corner broke 4 days after I got it,but the seller from China is sending me another for free.

Posted via Android Central App