Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question HTC one (m8) water damaged now screen unresponsive

Hi all, unfortunately took my htc one m8 for a swim with me, afterwards it constantly vibrated for around an hour until it ran out of power , I shook water out of phone and placed it in rice for a few days - Now after I attempted to turn it on it stays stuck on the htc one logo and does not boot - the screen looks fine - I managed to boot into recovery but the screen does not respond to any touch , although it responds in recovery to button pushes.

Just wondering what this could be , possibly the digitizer? and if so would that be the reason that android does not boot fully aswell?

right now the phone is back in the rice just in case there is still some water inside but I'm not too hopeful.

any ideas of input would be appreciated
    cheers

Global Posts
    18,953 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: HTC one (m8) water damaged now screen unresponsive

My guess the phone is probably toast. Sure it can be repaired, but it probably wouldn't be very cost effective.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here