Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default stock e-mail not allowing account

I use the stock e-mail app on the M8 since I have several accounts over various servers and it allows them all to be grouped together regardless of where they come from. We had to reset the password on one of the g-mail accounts yesterday and the e-mail app is not logging onto it. At first it came up as an invalid account so I changed the password in the settings and nothing. Then I deleted the account and was going to start over, but I get the same message 'authentication failed, please check username and/or password'. I've checked, everything is correct, but it won't log in.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've had this account on this app since I got the phone with no issues. My wife uses the g-mail app on her M7 and everything went through just fine on her phone right after it was changed. I've restarted the phone, I've waited overnight, nothing I do seems to work. It as if the app can't contact the newest info from Google, so it knows it needs a new passwords, but it doesn't know what it is. Usually setting up an account only takes a few seconds, but this one is being really stubborn.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Default Re: stock e-mail not allowing account

Try logging in to the account from a PC. Are you 100% sure you have the acct name and password right?

It is pretty unlikely that it is the phone...

R
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
    Try logging in to the account from a PC. Are you 100% sure you have the acct name and password right?

It is pretty unlikely that it is the phone...

R
    I've done that and it works fine.

Try a manual setup

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by kilskev View Post
    Try a manual setup

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I've done that as well. The settings are the same (SSL, port 993), as what is on my other g-mail account, so unless those need to be changed I'm at a loss.

6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I figured it out. The two step verification process was turned on for the account and the app wasn't allowing me to bypass it. Once I switched that part off I was able to load the account.