What do you disable on your M8?

Robgo

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
Leave everything default mostly. Battery life is good enough you don't need to mess with things too much. I did flash to the elementalx kernel and enable ART though. Google now search has a wakelock that happens occasionally so I disabled that for a while. I'll disable it permanently if it happens again.

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
There was a setting I didn't realize was on by default in WiFi settings. I turned off the ability to constantly scan for WiFi even when it's off. Just got a new m8 and the battery has been draining like crazy.

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Aside from the usual bloat, I also disabled the app that plants the Verizon bookmark folder in Chrome so it can now default to my bookmarks, disabled Google Now and +, and use an app called LTE On/Off so I can turn 4G off and run 3G only. I've tried changing to ART and am back on Dalvik to compare stuff. Don't see much difference between the two performance wise.

jlarkins08

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I disable BlinkFeed, Bluetooth, vibration( for every notification possible I hate when my phone vibrate), NFC and GPS ( only turn it on when I need it) that's mostly it .. I get about 22 hours on my battery with one charge!

Sent from my HTC One M8 via the UnCarrier

kingsway8605

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
There was a setting I didn't realize was on by default in WiFi settings. I turned off the ability to constantly scan for WiFi even when it's off. Just got a new m8 and the battery has been draining like crazy.

Posted via Android Central App
That's on by default with every Android phone. It is what makes google's location service work when GPS is off.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay