Battery suddenly very poor

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi all...

Some help needed if possible please... I have noticed that in the last few weeks that I can pretty much watch my battery power go down... Sometimes I am losing 30% in a couple of hours with little or no use...

Having come from an iPhone there are still things I don't understand about this phone...

I have been into the Apps section and looked at the running section... and I notice that things like SkyGo and WhatsApp have been running for ages... I thought by going to the multi-tasking button and closing apps it closed them down... Should I have t close Apps down all the time in this screen...???? I also don't understand what some apps are running in here when I haven't used them in ages????

After reading another thread I played with the Auto Sync... I have now lost the weather widget/clock I had on my home screen, but surely the point of these phones is to be able to leave these things on and be able to last a day on your battery???

Any help appreciated..

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Sounding like you have a app running constantly and actually causing battery drain. Theres alot of different apps to check that and see whats keeping the phone awake, as that seems to be the issue. I havent had to use any recently on the last 2 phones Ive had, so I dont know what the new hotness is when it comes to apps that do this.

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Thx for this... Like I mentioned, I discovered that SkyGo had ben running for god knows how long, but I thought I'd closed it (obviously closing everything in 'recently used' doesn't actually close anything...

I've force stopped a few things so I'll see tomorrow how the battery is, and try little use...

lyriciss

May 23, 2014
Visit site
download Battery Doctor and GSam Battery Monitor Pro. they'll help you regulate which apps are using up battery power and fix the issue.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you're comfortable rooting but I just flashed the elementalX kernel and thus is my battery stats!

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

Attachments

• 10022.jpg
    10022.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 50

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings - Power and look at both Usage and History. Useage will usually show you the offending app and History will tell you when it did it, you can see if you were using the phone at the time of the crime. I just fixed this same issue for a friend of mine. He had two text utilities running and the one app he wasn't using was using a ton of resources. He disabled it (it was stock) and the problem went away.

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings - Power and look at both Usage and History. Useage will usually show you the offending app and History will tell you when it did it, you can see if you were using the phone at the time of the crime. I just fixed this same issue for a friend of mine. He had two text utilities running and the one app he wasn't using was using a ton of resources. He disabled it (it was stock) and the problem went away.

Ok I have just done this and my Blinkfeed is 25%, Android System 17%, Hangouts 13% Facebook 4% and the rest are negligible... Cell standby is 13%...

On the train this morning... I was not using the phone at all (but screen was active) I was losing 1% roughly every 4 mins...2

When I look at my Apps running, HTC Backup has been running for ever but using next to nothing (5.9mb) but settings has used 63mb... There are loads of Android icons for googles services as well????? And I can't understand why some apps appear all the time in here, when I don't use them that much

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
It is normal for apps to be in memory... This is how android works.

You want to focus and battery usage and data usage. These metrics will tell you what is using these resources.

R

AlpineAddict

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
OK cool... Thx for this... Will download that GSam battery monitor and see where we go from there...

Thx again...

PS... How do take a screen capture on this phone :)

scotts9219

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What is your cell signal like? It takes more power for the phone to stay in communications with the cell service. Might be a combination of things here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair