Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 30
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default HTC One M8 Android update on Verizon

    Any chance were going to see it soon?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Picasso71 View Post
    Any chance were going to see it soon?
    I suppose you're referring to "L". I believe that won't be updated until 90 days after it's official release.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by cnotes2019 View Post
    I suppose you're referring to "L". I believe that won't be updated until 90 days after it's official release.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    4.4.4
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Picasso71 View Post
    4.4.4
    Lol Verizon. By the time the 4.4.4 update is ready, Android L will be old news.

    Posted via Android Central App
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    No one else has 4.4.4 either so don't stress, 4.4.3 has even better battery life so far though

    My M8 posted this
    AKFL3TCH3R likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    Lol Verizon. By the time the 4.4.4 update is ready, Android L will be old news.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I don't have 4.4.3 yet...
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Picasso71 View Post
    I don't have 4.4.3 yet...
    I think that's his point.

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Picasso71 View Post
    I don't have 4.4.3 yet...
    I concur
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Picasso71 View Post
    I concur
    I believe that HTC is skipping over 4.4.3 for both the M7 & M8. next update will be 4.4.4. And the play edition is already getting it. Which means nothing when it comes to Verizon.

    Posted via Android Central App
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Lok52 View Post
    I believe that HTC is skipping over 4.4.3 for both the M7 & M8. next update will be 4.4.4. And the play edition is already getting it. Which means nothing when it comes to Verizon.

    Posted via Android Central App
    They made the 4.4.3 update but never released it, since 4.4.4 was only a 2mb update on my Nexus 7, can't imagine 4.4.4 will be much more work.

    My M8 posted this
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Don't know if you guys already got this, but I have a Galaxy S3 Verizon and just got 4.4.2 Kit Kat a few min ago.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Picasso71 View Post
    4.4.4
    Most likely HTC will just skip 4.4.4 and go right to L. No point wasting resources on 4.4.4 to only have to go move them to android L a few months from now
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Most likely HTC will just skip 4.4.4 and go right to L. No point wasting resources on 4.4.4 to only have to go move them to android L a few months from now
    L isn't out until September and it will take around 90 days after that for a Sense version.

    4.4.3 Sense was built and stable when 4.4.4 was pushed out, which is only a tiny security update, so we will get 4.4.4

    Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    L isn't out until September and it will take around 90 days after that for a Sense version.

    4.4.3 Sense was built and stable when 4.4.4 was pushed out, which is only a tiny security update, so we will get 4.4.4

    Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)
    Well 4.4.3 came out before 4.4.4 and is a minor update compared to android L which will presumably require more time and resources.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    Well 4.4.3 came out before 4.4.4 and is a minor update compared to android L which will presumably require more time and resources.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And?

    My M8 posted this
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    And?

    My M8 posted this
    They aren't going to want to waste resources


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    just received the soak test for droid maxx so if everything goes goes wont be long
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    They aren't going to want to waste resources


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So they'll sit around and wait for the L release?

    As I said, 4.4.3 was done and 4.4.4 is a tiny update to that, so it'll be released

    My M8 posted this
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    So they'll sit around and wait for the L release?

    As I said, 4.4.3 was done and 4.4.4 is a tiny update to that, so it'll be released

    My M8 posted this
    You act like they are only sitting around doing nothing. Just don't see the point in releasing 4.4.4 this close to L launching.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by Premium1 View Post
    You act like they are only sitting around doing nothing. Just don't see the point in releasing 4.4.4 this close to L launching.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    L won't launch til September at the earliest

    My M8 posted this
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    L won't launch til September at the earliest

    My M8 posted this
    You act like that is so far away....


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    4.4.4 has been out on Verizon Droid phones for a few days now.
  23. #23  

    Default Android update on Verizon

    If you do ever see it, we'll probably be the last carrier to receive it.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Anything on a power saving update? Kind of ridiculous when it was a selling point of this phone, yet Verizon has yet to update it.
    stlrfan78 likes this.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Android update on Verizon

    Same here, my droid ultra got 4.4.4 a while ago it seems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What does cell standby mean on my HTC One M8?
    By trovlet in forum HTC One M8
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 06:35 PM
  2. Google's Nexus 9 is made by HTC and coming very soon
    By I Can Be Your Hero in forum Google Nexus 9
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2014, 02:08 PM
  3. oneplus one
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 04:54 AM
  4. 1080p on YouTube?
    By PhoenixMike in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-22-2014, 01:32 PM
  5. Android folder on SD card not showing files. Is this normal?
    By barth2 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2014, 11:26 AM

Posting Permissions