Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default problem transferring files to my M8

I just got a brand new international HTC One M8, flashed Android Revoltion HD and now on to transfer media to my 64 GB SD card.
    When i copy and paste an album from PC to my SD card, it transfers one song and then stops there. the transfer bar keeps there, and doesn't proceed.
    Before this, i had Note 3, and the same problem with transferring music was there. Im on windows 8.1.

Now, I'm perfectly fine and ahppy with transferring through HTC sync manager, but i dont know if that software transfers to phone memory or sd card. I'm suspecting phone memory. But at any rate, I cannot find any option in the sync manager to "transfer music to sd card".

If anyone knows, kindly tell me. and please also tell me of a fix for this batch file transfer problem. I'm pretty sure it is a windows thing but I have 0 knowledge about tech XD i'm sorry.
    Hoping some kind people would provide a solution thanks!

Default Re: problem transferring files to my M8

I always take the SD card out of the phone and put it in my card reader on my computer to directly transfer them. The music players easily find the new stuff when I put the card back.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

I don't know what android revolution HD is, but on windows 7 I have been dragging and dropping mp3 files onto my SD card all evening via the phone.

Did you create a new directory for your files on the card?

R
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Lok52 View Post
    I always take the SD card out of the phone and put it in my card reader on my computer to directly transfer them. The music players easily find the new stuff when I put the card back.

I would love to so that, as it's a very intelligent solution! But my desktop doesn't support micro SD. And to add a laughable spin to my luck, my AirDroid account is not logging me in for last 8 months too (the developer can't identify the problem too)

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
    I don't know what android revolution HD is, but on windows 7 I have been dragging and dropping mp3 files onto my SD card all evening via the phone.

Did you create a new directory for your files on the card?

R
    Android revolution HD is a custom rom. But I'm sure the problem isn't with the rom, is my windows, as I couldn't transfer even before the rom, and my previous phone had it too. It must be an issue with my windows, but I being a novice can't identify

Global Posts
    109 Global Posts

Did you try creating a new folder on the card or are you copying into an existing folder? Maybe it is a permissions thing...

R

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal Ahmed View Post
    I would love to so that, as it's a very intelligent solution! But my desktop doesn't support micro SD. And to add a laughable spin to my luck, my AirDroid account is not logging me in for last 8 months too (the developer can't identify the problem too)

My computer doesn't have a micro SD slot either. I bought a cheap USB card reader, for like $15, at Walmart. Not the fastest thing in the world, but it works.