How to get flash to work in Dolphin browser?

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
The way it used to work is you install Dolphin Jetpack and then the legacy flash player from the play store. Recently, Dolphin included the jetpack in the new version. So you have to uninstall Jetpack, install the new Dolphin. However Adobe recently changed something and the legacy flash player doesn't work. There is a hacked apk that does work, I'm using it now. However I can't find the link, but just do a google search for 'dolphin flash apk" and search the last month, you should be able to find it.

AnimalMotherASF

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
The way it used to work is you install Dolphin Jetpack and then the legacy flash player from the play store. Recently, Dolphin included the jetpack in the new version. So you have to uninstall Jetpack, install the new Dolphin. However Adobe recently changed something and the legacy flash player doesn't work. There is a hacked apk that does work, I'm using it now. However I can't find the link, but just do a google search for 'dolphin flash apk" and search the last month, you should be able to find it.

Out of curiosity, why was Flash abandoned for smart phones?
I remember reading an article a few years back about how Steve jobs igoned Flash on the iPhone in favor of HTML5 thinking that it was a killer of battery life and other problems. The article stated that he was ahead of the game and eventually was right in that Flash was abandoned.

Why though? Was it because of the battery life?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've heard that it's in part due to security risks, and some technology nuts suggest not even using it on your desktop for that reason.

Oddly enough, the kids mode on the M8 was updated to bring back Flash based kids games as long as you install Flash.

sitlet

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Out of curiosity, why was Flash abandoned for smart phones?
I remember reading an article a few years back about how Steve jobs igoned Flash on the iPhone in favor of HTML5 thinking that it was a killer of battery life and other problems. The article stated that he was ahead of the game and eventually was right in that Flash was abandoned.

Why though? Was it because of the battery life?

Exactly one of the reasons I chose Android over iphone back in 2010. The announcement that flash was "dead" was stunning to me. Yes, many websites are moving to html5. However, many legacy services still use flash. The biggest thing for me is my home TV tuner streaming service (similar to a slingbox). I had to do this hack in order to be able to watch my home tv on the go.

Lefank

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Flash works great on mine! I just downloaded it through the Internet and had to manually turn it on in dolphin browser...

Jack Jemat1

May 12, 2015
Visit site
Here how i fixed my Dolphin browser. First, pls download jetpack V7 beta in dolphin blog even there is already jetpack built in for updated dolphin browser 11.4.9 if im not mistaken. 2nd, unable built-in jetpack for updated dolphin in the setting menu. Click restart dolphin now. Pls logout the dolphin from task manager. Now install the JETPACK V7 BETA that you downloaded from dolphin blog website. Click dolphin browser icon and go to the setting menu. Pls check or enable the jetpack! Restart dolphin & have fun😊.

Oh in the dolphin blog there is jetpack v7 for lolipop and kitkat 4.4.2 or 4.4.3.

asherking

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
i found it , it may can help you . 1. check your dolphin browser setting if the jetpack opened already. 2.try to vist flash website like youtube or other site . download flash plugin and restart dolphin it should be get work with flash . :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol