Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I know all the hardware in my HTC M8 ONE is working properly? (T-Mobile)

I noticed that I have to reset the phone allot. If I am in an area with no reception for a while then go back to an area with reception it wont automatically reconnect and the LTE stays off sometimes. I have to reboot the phone.

The same problem is with signal strength too, it will not reconnect automatically sometimes. My 4G LTE does this allot. It does become annoying. I am afraid to get another phone in fear it will be worse then this one. I already had to exchange my phone and am running out of exchange days. (14 day period)
    My first M8 I got on June 30 was slow, incredibly laggy and very buggy to the point it was nearly unusable. That first M8 had a mind of it's own. Maybe it was the first gen, I do not know. This replacement phone has been good to me minus the fact it sometimes drops calls and gets SUPER warm RANDOMLY even when ALL the apps are closed. The new phone is MUCH faster with the same settings and runs much smoother.

These connection issues are bugging the hell out of me, my iPhone never had this problem and would always reconnect fast. I do not like the S5 and I like the HTC but I do wonder about it's quality control and the quality of the internal components inside.

Default Re: How do I know all the hardware in my HTC M8 ONE is working properly? (T-Mobile)

Are you using a case? I'm wondering if this is causing the temperature and/or the signal issue. It's unusual that you are having so many issues. Your carrier should replace the phone because it's under warranty. Your 30 day period to exchange the device should not be affected.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How do I know all the hardware in my HTC M8 ONE is working properly? (T-Mobile)

My phone is under 14 day warranty it ends ontthe 14th. I hope I get a phone as fast as this.

I've seen a lot about the T-Mobile connection issues, I'm not sure whether a new one would make a difference though. Sprint recently rolled out an update that fixes a very similar issue on their version. It seems to be a software issue rather than hardware.

Sent from my HTC One M8
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok, I think I'll keep then device. I hope an update fixes the issue I'm constantly restarting.

Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalMotherASF View Post
    Ok, I think I'll keep then device. I hope an update fixes the issue I'm constantly restarting.
    I'd go exchange that device for another. Insist on it. You're paying for it, you deserve to have a device that works the way you expect it to. Don't settle if you're not happy. I'm with Tmobile too and I didnt have any issues like that when I received my M8. The only issues I had was the notifier light wouldnt come on and my screen didnt go to sleep. A factory reset fixed both issues or I definitely wouldve exchanged it.

Quote Originally Posted by coronaboy10 View Post
    I'd go exchange that device for another. Insist on it. You're paying for it, you deserve to have a device that works the way you expect it to. Don't settle if you're not happy. I'm with Tmobile too and I didnt have any issues like that when I received my M8. The only issues I had was the notifier light wouldnt come on and my screen didnt go to sleep. A factory reset fixed both issues or I definitely wouldve exchanged it.
    I still maintain it's likely to be a software issue for the most part. The prevalence of the issue depends on reception rather than phone.
    Whenever I was in a low reception area before the update, I'd be disconnected from the network and be unable to text, call, or use data until I restarted my phone. This would include going to my dorm room (large metal and stone building), driving in the country, going into large stores, etc... Sprint fortunately rolled out an update for the problem after about a month, and it's fixed the issue completely. From everything I've heard of the T-Mobile problem, it sounds very similar, and I'd think it would also be a software issue.

At the same time there have been a couple of posts from people who who had luck exchanging their phone on both Sprint and T-Mobile. Not sure why it would make any difference but if you want to try it, there's not much to lose. You could just buy another and switch your number over just for a day, see if it makes a difference, and if it doesn't, return it.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    I still maintain it's likely to be a software issue for the most part. The prevalence of the issue depends on reception rather than phone.
    Whenever I was in a low reception area before the update, I'd be disconnected from the network and be unable to text, call, or use data until I restarted my phone. This would include going to my dorm room (large metal and stone building), driving in the country, going into large stores, etc... Sprint fortunately rolled out an update for the problem after about a month, and it's fixed the issue completely. From everything I've heard of the T-Mobile problem, it sounds very similar, and I'd think it would also be a software issue.

At the same time there have been a couple of posts from people who who had luck exchanging their phone on both Sprint and T-Mobile. Not sure why it would make any difference but if you want to try it, there's not much to lose. You could just buy another and switch your number over just for a day, see if it makes a difference, and if it doesn't, return it.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    DUDE.. are you using a case?

Its a T-Mobile thing smh...I restart my phone pretty much once or twice a week....due to lost or lag of a signal

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One M8
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

T mobile reset my phone. Does deserting hurt the phone?
    Seems to run smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by billbrobaggins View Post
    DUDE.. are you using a case?
    Nope, and unless someone out there has an inch thick steel case, it's not going to be a factor.

Sent from my HTC One M8
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

They did a factory reset and the phone is a big buggy now. it is doing things it does not usually do.
    For example, when the keyboard comes up when I am about to type. The screen will flash one of the other open windows fast.
    Another thing is will do is have various artifacts appear similar to that of an overclocked GPU on a desktop gaming rig that's running hot.

I am going in tomorrow to get a new phone they told me to come back in 24 hours if the phone continues to act this way. I am going to mess with it today, and head there tomorrow if it glitches.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Forgot to send this, thanks for the replies guys:
    Hey, thank you for the response.
    I went to T-Mobile today and they Factory Reset my phone.
    I left to mobile and they told me to come back within 24 hours there is a failure
    I ended up having a buggy phone with artifacts and flashes similar to an overclocked GPU. T-Mobile told me it might fix the phone.
    Tomorrow, I am going back for my 2nd replacement. I like this phone, it works much better then my first phone but the connection problems are extreme and it starting to feel like faulty hardware. My first phone was full of lag, it was factory reset and lagged on the machine as well. The machine(a laptop) even had to be restarted.

Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    Nope, and unless someone out there has an inch thick steel case, it's not going to be a factor.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    He originally stated bad reception and that his device would get hot randomly. When I put my M8 in my GPS mount it gets really hot which in turn could negatively affect performance.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by billbrobaggins View Post
    He originally stated bad reception and that his device would get hot randomly. When I put my M8 in my GPS mount it gets really hot which in turn could negatively affect performance.
    Wow, i'd never expect this.
    I got my new phone today. This is my 3rd HTC phone and the first time I ever had to return a phone in 10 years. I appreciate each and every one of your responses in helping me fix this issue. Thanks again, and I can only hope this phone does not function badly. The first phone was aweful, my second was amazing minus the getting extremely hot randomly.

I also have T-Mobile and the issue i had was that my phone would appear to be connected to a 4gLTE signal, but there would be no data. I actually had to place the phone in airplane mode to avoid or alleviate the issue. I contacted T-mobile and they sent me a new phone with very few questions. To be honest, I've had similar problems with my new phone, but it doesn't happen nearly as often. I think this is an HTC M8 reception issue related to the metal phone casing. Iphones have had similar issues and I'm beginning to think it may be a necessary evil for our beloved metal cased phones. However, if a software update can resolve the issue, then I'm all for it.