I think I bricked my HTC One M8 ....

Cjjackson911

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hay everyone, was wondering if anyone can help me out?

I had cyanogenmod installed, wasn't a fan so wanted to go back to sense, after many failed attempts I know have a phone that is stuck in the bootloader I think (has pink text up top saying relocked)

I am clueless as to what to do to get it back working. One tutorial I was following had me relock the bootloader. The phone is now s-on also.

Its a UK 02 model. CID O2_001 if that helps.

Even if someone can point me in the direction of a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hay everyone, was wondering if anyone can help me out?

I had cyanogenmod installed, wasn't a fan so wanted to go back to sense, after many failed attempts I know have a phone that is stuck in the bootloader I think (has pink text up top saying relocked)

I am clueless as to what to do to get it back working. One tutorial I was following had me relock the bootloader. The phone is now s-on also.

Its a UK 02 model. CID O2_001 if that helps.

Even if someone can point me in the direction of a fix it would be greatly appreciated.

Do you still have the unlock_code.bin on your computer? You can re-unlock the phone that way. Just make sure to be in fastboot.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
the unlock was done in a command window. The command was 'fastbook oem lock' or something along those lines

That's after you unlocked the bootloader. To unlock the bootloader, you have to go to HTCDev and get it unlocked. They send you a file callec "Unlock_code.bin". Do you still have it? If not you can try this:

1. Try the "fastboot oem unlock" command
2. Go through the HTCDev unlock process again.

Do you still have access to fastboot?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
yer i have managed to access TWRP again. went into it to install cm11 again but its seems I have wiped the device. Moron.

I assume its just a matter of downloading a rom and flashing it through twrp?

If you have S-ON, you need to flash the boot.img after you flash the ROM or else it will be in a bootloop.

Do you know how to do that or would you like me to assist you in that as well?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
if you could that would be amazing thank you

There is a thanks button :)

Flash the ROM in recovery first, then boot into fastboot.

Okay, inside the ROM you are flashing (ROM.zip), you'll find a file called boot.img. On your PC, copy the boot.img file and paste it inside the folder that has your adb and fastboot files.

Open up CMD, and change the directory to that folder.

Type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Once it flashes, reboot the phone.

Let me know if it boots up then or if you encounter any trouble.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure!

Cjjackson911

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
There is a thanks button :)

Flash the ROM in recovery first, then boot into fastboot.

Okay, inside the ROM you are flashing (ROM.zip), you'll find a file called boot.img. On your PC, copy the boot.img file and paste it inside the folder that has your adb and fastboot files.

Open up CMD, and change the directory to that folder.

Type "fastboot flash boot boot.img"

Once it flashes, reboot the phone.

Let me know if it boots up then or if you encounter any trouble.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure!

Got it working! thank you so much! do you buy any chance know of any threads or posts that talk through returning the device to stock sense?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Got it working! thank you so much! do you buy any chance know of any threads or posts that talk through returning the device to stock sense?

Hmmm...

You're going to have a tough time returning to stock I'm afraid. Once you have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, etc., the phone will display a "tampered" and "unlocked" text in the bootloader screen. It's really hard to go completely back to normal!

If you want a Sense ROM, it's easy to flash that. There's tons of Sense ROMs on XDA.

The only way I can think of returning to stock would be to flash an RUU. I think you would need S-OFF for that.

I highly suggest you just stick with the custom ROMs and not go back to stock. The perks are well worth it.

Cjjackson911

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm...

You're going to have a tough time returning to stock I'm afraid. Once you have unlocked the bootloader, rooted, etc., the phone will display a "tampered" and "unlocked" text in the bootloader screen. It's really hard to go completely back to normal!

If you want a Sense ROM, it's easy to flash that. There's tons of Sense ROMs on XDA.

The only way I can think of returning to stock would be to flash an RUU. I think you would need S-OFF for that.

I highly suggest you just stick with the custom ROMs and not go back to stock. The perks are well worth it.

Ok brilliant will look into it, its just a pain as I dont so much miss blinkfeed, but I miss the duo cam and the app drawer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol