gallery and music problem-files appear from nowhere

Cucu Mihail

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
hi there, i am new to this forum so please be patient!:)

i have my m8 since last week and the strangest things happen. in my gallery i can se all the small png, gifs files that other apps install on the phone. like Tango messenger and many others, 9gag saves in cache the things you look at and they appear also in the gallery. i know you can choose which folders to show but it is annoying to do this every time.

the same thing happens with my music apps, they add to the playlist every littel chirp and click that is an audio file in the memory.

is there a solution for this? or do i have to live with it?

thank you so much for your time!

have a great summer!

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
save them into a folder and put a period in front of the folder name.

saving them to the media/ringtones folders might help as well.

Cucu Mihail

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
the problem is that i tried to delete them and the apps do not work properly afterwards.
the thing with the audio files is that in the music player all the ringtones appear also...:(
thank you for the reply

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
hi there, i am new to this forum so please be patient!:)

i have my m8 since last week and the strangest things happen. in my gallery i can se all the small png, gifs files that other apps install on the phone. like Tango messenger and many others, 9gag saves in cache the things you look at and they appear also in the gallery. i know you can choose which folders to show but it is annoying to do this every time.

the same thing happens with my music apps, they add to the playlist every littel chirp and click that is an audio file in the memory.

is there a solution for this? or do i have to live with it?

thank you so much for your time!

have a great summer!

the problem is that i tried to delete them and the apps do not work properly afterwards.
the thing with the audio files is that in the music player all the ringtones appear also...:(
thank you for the reply
I hate to tell you this, but it is something that you will have to live with.

With my previous phone, the M7, I did the same thing that you did, and deleted all of the image files that the various sports apps, and music apps had created, and the apps stopped working for me. I had to wind up reinstalling the apps to make them work again.