wifi scan will not turn off

skeezix1970

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
When I'm not at home, I have my wifi turned off, yet I still get the "network connection available" notification.
I turn wifi off, and a minute later, it's back. I checked my settings, and it shouldn't be doing this.
Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
You have notifications turned off which is when a box pops up to tell you that you should use wifi.

But are you sure that your wifi is really off? Go settings and make sure wifi is off... Or quick settings and make sure wifi is not lit up.

If wifi is on, you will get that icon if you are not connected. That is not the same as the wifi warning turned off in your image.

R

skeezix1970

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
You have notifications turned off which is when a box pops up to tell you that you should use wifi.

But are you sure that your wifi is really off? Go settings and make sure wifi is off... Or quick settings and make sure wifi is not lit up.

If wifi is on, you will get that icon if you are not connected. That is not the same as the wifi warning turned off in your image.

R

Yeah, I turn it off in quick settings, (not lit up), and it comes right back on.

Posted via Android Central App

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What carrier are you on? If your with Sprint make sure to disable the Network Optimization software / blatware they force on you.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
What carrier are you on? If your with Sprint make sure to disable the Network Optimization software / blatware they force on you.
I was just going to suggest that!

The Sprint Network Optimization app/software will force your WiFi back on, even when you have turned it off.

Also, if it finds an Unsecured Open WiFi, it will connect your phone to that WiFi whether you want to or not.

I highly recommend rooting your device, and Freezing the app through Titanium Backup.