Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IAmSixNine
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default wifi scan will not turn off

When I'm not at home, I have my wifi turned off, yet I still get the "network connection available" notification.
    I turn wifi off, and a minute later, it's back. I checked my settings, and it shouldn't be doing this.
    Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: wifi scan will not turn off

Here's a screenshot of my settings

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wifi scan will not turn off-21968.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

And here's my wifi on 2 seconds after I've turned it off lol

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wifi scan will not turn off-21970.jpg  

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

You have notifications turned off which is when a box pops up to tell you that you should use wifi.

But are you sure that your wifi is really off? Go settings and make sure wifi is off... Or quick settings and make sure wifi is not lit up.

If wifi is on, you will get that icon if you are not connected. That is not the same as the wifi warning turned off in your image.

R
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyalus View Post
    You have notifications turned off which is when a box pops up to tell you that you should use wifi.

But are you sure that your wifi is really off? Go settings and make sure wifi is off... Or quick settings and make sure wifi is not lit up.

If wifi is on, you will get that icon if you are not connected. That is not the same as the wifi warning turned off in your image.

R
    Yeah, I turn it off in quick settings, (not lit up), and it comes right back on.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Wow...no idea.

Maybe turn off that wifi during sleep thing just to see if it changes the behavior?

R

Mine does the exact same thing

What carrier are you on? If your with Sprint make sure to disable the Network Optimization software / blatware they force on you.
    Thanked by:
    kct1975 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    What carrier are you on? If your with Sprint make sure to disable the Network Optimization software / blatware they force on you.
    I was just going to suggest that!

The Sprint Network Optimization app/software will force your WiFi back on, even when you have turned it off.

Also, if it finds an Unsecured Open WiFi, it will connect your phone to that WiFi whether you want to or not.

I highly recommend rooting your device, and Freezing the app through Titanium Backup.