Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Attaching Google Drive Files with Stock Email App

Whenever I go to attach a file from my Google Drive using the stock HTC email app, it only offers me what looks like an old version of the contents of my Google Drive. It's as if the contents of my drive are not updating within the HTC stock email app.

Attaching from within AquaMail or Gmail App or just looking in the Drive App, everything is up to date.

But from HTC stock email app, I'm looking at a version of my Drive from two weeks ago.

Very bizarre. Ideas?

I know a solution is to send FROM the Drive App, but that doesn't help to send multiple files or to send files in a reply. I have to download from Google Drive to my local storage then attach. Very annoying.

Anyone seen this?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Attaching Google Drive Files with Stock Email App

Apologies for the bump, but this is driving me nuts. Does anyone have a similar problem of attaching from Drive direct from the stock HTC email app and seeing an old mirror of their Drive from within the app?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No one has this issue or no one uses stock mail app and Google Drive?

Found your post because I was trying to figure out how to attach a Google Drive file directly to an email in the stock Email app for the Galaxy Tab S 10.1 ...

I can't say I have an answer for you, but go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google Drive is checked. Also consider going to Settings>Apps>All, select Email, and Clear Cache.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Found your post because I was trying to figure out how to attach a Google Drive file directly to an email in the stock Email app for the Galaxy Tab S 10.1 ...

I can't say I have an answer for you, but go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google Drive is checked. Also consider going to Settings>Apps>All, select Email, and Clear Cache.
    Thanks, tried both many times to no avail. Also cleared the entire phone cache partition (or whatever it's called), still nothing.

In fact, the contents of my Google Drive now show empty from within the stock email app, even though Drive has lots of stuff on it which shows in Drive app.

HTC support Level 3 is now helping me, for what it's worth.