Finding HTC M8 slippery

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem with skins. If they go on perfect and stay there then brilliant but otherwise they just look nasty. I find my m8 much easier to hold without a case. Yes its slippy but to be honest when I used a case I found it worse, probably due to the larger size and being stickier I found it more awkward going in and out of pocket. In go in caseless at the moment. I do worry about drops but just trying to be careful!

Posted via Android Central App

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
IMG_2374.jpgIMG_2375.jpgIMG_2377.jpgIMG_2376.jpg

A few pics of my skinomi. It was very easy to apply without getting any bubbles. The gloss finish makes the rear look more like a highly glossy plastic finish rather than the metal that it is. But its a good trade off and actually doesn't look as bad as I've made it sound.

Note, the corner in the pics looks a little scruffy because I tried to put an overly tight case over the top and it pulled at the skin so i had to slightly peel and re-apply it so now the adhesive is slightly visible.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
My two cents, no case for me. Don't find it to be slippery at all. Totally dig the feel of the phone. Been fine without so far. A few drops but thankfully no issues.

Went caseless on the m7 too.

Posted via Android Central App

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Ok bought bestskinsever but I found it very difficult to apply them especially the rear skin. The edges kept peeling off. I then bought a $5 rear skin with no edges from eBay and it fits perfectly and more importantly solved my problem no more slippery phone.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Best ultra thin Clear case out there is the Baseus Ultra Thin Clear TPU Case. Check it out.
Is there a cheap crystal clear (transparent) skin which I can apply only on the sides to take care of the slippery issue?
Cheers

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I always had a case on until a month ago I decided to just remove it and use the phone as it is. Yes, it is very slipper but you'll get accustomed to it with time; I do keep a finger at the bottom at all times so it wouldn't fall down and I have a thick glass screen protector installed. I am currently looking for a clear skin protector to install on the back and the sides like those ZAGG Invisible Shield ones I had on my old iPhone 4 but I cannot seem to find any where I live.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I always had a case on until a month ago I decided to just remove it and use the phone as it is. Yes, it is very slipper but you'll get accustomed to it with time; I do keep a finger at the bottom at all times so it wouldn't fall down and I have a thick glass screen protector installed. I am currently looking for a clear skin protector to install on the back and the sides like those ZAGG Invisible Shield ones I had on my old iPhone 4 but I cannot seem to find any where I live.
They usually ship it by mail with no extra cost. I am looking for a side skin also (would like to keep the metal back naked if possible), can you recommend me a cheap one please?

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
I recall reading that in the US these phones aren't shipped with the official clear TPU case they are here (at least mine came with one), and that is a big shame because I have found it to be excellent and perfectly machined. Much better than the unusable Spigen case I regretfully got for it which was practically unusable because the power button cutout did not work without huge force in the right place.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the spigen ultra hybrid Clear case and it's very good and completely transparent, you probably got a defective one. Which one was it? And The included one is not Completely transparent.

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Perhaps I did get a lemon, yes. Mine was the Air Cushion version which is different to yours. Let's both agree the included one is best described as semi-transparent. ;) In any case I think it's excellent.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps I did get a lemon, yes. Mine was the Air Cushion version which is different to yours. Let's both agree the included one is best described as semi-transparent. ;) In any case I think it's excellent.
Then you both the Spigen Ultra Fit Capsule. And I do agree that the included one is very good, yes. ;) but it kind of hides the beautiful metal finish, that's why I bought the Ultra Hybrid Clear/metal slate case. But I now want to have naked while adding some grip, was looking for a clear bumper or side skin, anyone as ideas?