"Set Default Action" for my favorites contacts doesn't work...

Tulls422

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
When I "Set default action" for my contacts in favorites , for example "Call Mobile" it doesn't stick so to speak. After I complete this task, when I click on a contact icon, it brings me back into the contact details instead of calling the contact as I specified when I set the default action. Very annoying! Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

Also, when I "Edit tabs" in my Phonebook, I put my favorites first. However, it always goes back to the phone tab...any input on that?

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
When I "Set default action" for my contacts in favorites , for example "Call Mobile" it doesn't stick so to speak. After I complete this task, when I click on a contact icon, it brings me back into the contact details instead of calling the contact as I specified when I set the default action. Very annoying! Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to fix it?

Also, when I "Edit tabs" in my Phonebook, I put my favorites first. However, it always goes back to the phone tab...any input on that?

When you set default action, that is referring to the action that will occur when you are using the contacts widget on your home screen. So basically, its not meant to just call mobile every time you click on the contact icon. Only when using the widget.

Try it out. Add the widget to your home screen and then add your favorites and you'll see that when you click the contact in the widget, it'll call that number right away.

As for the edit tabs thing, it'll always default back to the dialer, no matter what you have first.

Tulls422

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I know that. It doesn't work on my "favorites" widget. I've used HTC devices since the Evo 3D. I've never had a problem setting up my favorites and then setting the default action. Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Please see pic of the favorites widget I speak of....

Screenshot_2014-07-13-20-19-54.jpg

Tulls422

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Things are a little different with the M8, so maybe I just don't know what I'm talking about lol...thanks for your feedback regardless :)

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
That is not the favorites widget. That's still the phone app.

This is the contacts widget. Add it to your home screen.
u3ypydag.jpg

Tulls422

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
OMG, I'm an id**t! It's usually already set up on it's own panel, never had to apply it to a panel before. BUT I figured it out, thank you! :)

dlocks

May 31, 2010
Visit site
How do you add a contract to your home screen?

Long press home screen, select apps & widget, using drop down arrow select shortcuts, then select contact, it will take you the contacts app, scroll to the desired contact and tap on contact name, select the default for the contact and you are done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR