Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone having radio issues?

I've had my AT&T M8 for over 2 months now and I've been noticing issues with the radios and signal strength. The first issue is when my phone is in my pocket or laying on my leg i notice the signal drops drastically mainly in my pocket. I notice it when I'll pull it out of my pocket to use my phone signal will be 10-15 dbm lower than what is normal for the area which also means if I'm in a fringe area it will likely say no service.

Here is an example today while arriving at my family's house I pulled my phone out to check the text and I showed no service while my girlfriend who normally carries her phone in her back pocket pulled hers out and had 2 bars LTE. This is not the first time I have noticed this and I'm afraid to leave my phone in my pocket while I drive due to missing calls while it is in my pocket.

The second issue is occasionally after pulling my phone out of my pocket my phone will have service but when I go to use the internet (Facebook, MMS, Tapatalk) it will try to refresh then say no internet connection. The only way to fix this is to completely reboot the phone, airplane mode won't fix the problem and I also make sure the mobile data is turned on. This problem I have taken to AT&T and they have done the usual (replace the Sim, restored the phone to factory and made sure the apn is set correctly).

Is anyone else experienced any problems like this with their M8? What would be the best option to get the phone fixed? Warranty? Insurance? or is this a normal function of the M8? Any advise or help would be appreciated.

Default Re: Anyone having radio issues?

Funny you ask this. I'm on T-Mobile and had this happen for the first time yesterday. I had full bars LTE, put the phone in my pocket, took it out, and I couldn't get any service. Rebooted my phone and was back in business. Was really weird and it's never happened to me before that.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

I know they were talking about this over on TmoNews but it was about T-Mo doing upgrades in general. People believe it is the effects of them upgrading the legacy 2G to LTE but I guess that's not the case since the OP is on AT&T. You can just toggle airplane mode and it will fix it as well.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm assuming it may be a problem with my phone my girlfriend's S5 doesn't have the same weird signal issues.