Permanently expand lock screen notifications

mattbooty

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
I just upgraded from the HTC DNA to the M8, one thing I don't like and can't figure out if there is a workaround, on the DNA the lock screen would display all of my notifications (text, email, calendar) right on the lock screen so I could screen on and immediately see.

On the M8, with them turned on, it displays one line with all notifications hidden, and you need to swipe down to be able to see all of the notifications... which to me doesn't seem to make it any more useful than the notification bar thats already there.

Is there a way to make this notification area on the lock screen permanently expanded? The space below seems completely unused so I don't understand why you need to swipe down to expand in the first place.

Thanks!

crawfojj

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Have you had any luck with this? I'm dealing with the same thing since it worked great on my old HTC EVO 4G LTE that I'm guessing worked like your DNA. I've tried other options like NILS and Notify, but just not the same.

mattbooty

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
No, i'm guessing its just the way this phone works... I've heard the next android version will have better lock screen notifications so i'm hoping that arrives soon and solves this.

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
This change is one of the few I don't like in Sense 6. Earlier versions of Sense didn't do this, they had all notifications displayed. I hope this gets fixed/changed soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol