Is it possible to participate in my group messaging on an HTC One M8 with is converting the messages to MMS?

C

christitz

group messaging question htc one m8

Is it possible to participate in group messaging on an HTC One M8 with it converting the messages to MMS? I hate the delay and the "loading" message it gives when sending a message. Or are group messages required to be mms instead of sms? I fully understand how to send an sms to multiple people, my concern is group messaging.

Thanks in advance

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: group messaging question htc one m8

Is it possible to participate in group messaging on an HTC One M8 with it converting the messages to MMS? I hate the delay and the "loading" message it gives when sending a message. Or are group messages required to be mms instead of sms? I fully understand how to send an sms to multiple people, my concern is group messaging.

Thanks in advance

Hello.

Group messaging is counted as MMS. You could use various messaging apps like Hangouts, or Textra for that. The default messaging app should also support group messaging.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: group messaging question htc one m8

I'm sorry that was a typo. I meant to say without** converting it to MMS.

You can send multiple people messages as SMS, but chatting at the same time (group messaging) makes it MMS. I'm not aware of any way around this.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol