Sprint M8 Updated with WiFi Calling

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Oh nice!!! Thanks posting, not getting any update yet, but I'll be spamming that Check For Updates button throughout the next day or two until I get it! This'll be great!

Sent from my HTC One M8

jdunker26

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update. HD voice icon when on a call now. Also has file manager in apps.

Sent from my 831C using AC Forums mobile app

Carkid367

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Just got the update on mine, been trying to set up the WiFi calling which I need at my house, but keep getting an authentication error.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update on mine, been trying to set up the WiFi calling which I need at my house, but keep getting an authentication error.

Is there something you need to do to set up WiFi calling or does it work out of the box?

Edit: Ok I see you need to enable it in the settings

anon8378318

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
For those having issue with WiFi calling. WiFi calling can fail sometimes when activating it for the first time. It usually will go through an activation process again and add the feature free to your plan. If the WiFi calling activation fails, just call Sprint to add the feature. Afterwards, just wait 5-10 minutes and update your profile in System Updates. Should be good after that.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Well it looks like my issue resolved itself after 5 or so resets...

When I initially set it up I had to go through the following

1) Initial setup/enable process to my account which required a restart.
2) Go in and add my WiFi network, acknowledge the 911 notification/setup/location registration thing, then restart.
3) Some sort of System update process, restart.
4) PRL Update, which restarted for unknown reason, maybe it was necessary for the 4.4.3 software update? </shrugs_shoulders>

Then I was able to complete a call without issues. Maybe during your setup something went into some sort of internal error that didn't clear after a few restarts. Who knows, at least it works for you now.

92turbo2

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
After nearly a hour trying to get it to authenticate and about 10 restarts, I gave up and just disabled it as apparently it doesn't work, so much for a new feature

Posted via Android Central App

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
So before I go ahead through getting it up and running can anyone tell me whether you can only use it with one registered Wifi network? That's what some of the registration text implied to me.

Sent from my HTC One M8

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
After nearly a hour trying to get it to authenticate and about 10 restarts, I gave up and just disabled it as apparently it doesn't work, so much for a new feature

Posted via Android Central App
Sorry for your frustrations, but I clicked, set it up, and it worked first try. Not sure why your having this issue.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So before I go ahead through getting it up and running can anyone tell me whether you can only use it with one registered Wifi network? That's what some of the registration text implied to me.

Sent from my HTC One M8
Honestly I don't know for sure, but I think the network registration was just for 911 location purposes and I'm assuming (and will test) that you might have to do this for each WiFi network you use...

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Honestly I don't know for sure, but I think the network registration was just for 911 location purposes and I'm assuming (and will test) that you might have to do this for each WiFi network you use...

Yeah, I'll have to try it out and see later. Is yours bugging you about confirming your address over and over again? Doesn't seem to want to go away after I do it on mine. It works, but spams me with that notification.

Sent from my HTC One M8

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'll have to try it out and see later. Is yours bugging you about confirming your address over and over again? Doesn't seem to want to go away after I do it on mine. It works, but spams me with that notification.

Sent from my HTC One M8
Nope. It just works. I 've turned it off, went for my bike ride, came back, used my Airwave for a call then turned it back on and made a call. Working great for me. Guess I don't really need the Airwave so much now, but we'll see....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech