- 07-17-2014, 09:31 AM #2
- 07-17-2014, 12:30 PM #3
- 07-17-2014, 12:43 PM #4
- 51 Posts
Re: Boot Sound
well, here's a slight workaround for me...
see, i always keep my phone on vibrate unless it's absolutely necessary for me to have my ringtone on (i know i'm leaving my phone in another room for a few minutes, i'm out in an extremely loud area, etc.)
with that being the case, every time i restart my phone, it doesn't make a boot-up sound because my phone was silent already
now if you feel like you absolutely need your ringtone on, i don't know what to say
but if you're keen enough, just remember to take your phone down to silent/vibrate before you reboot it, then just turn the volume back up after
- 07-17-2014, 03:17 PM #5
- 2,595 Posts
Re: Boot Sound
Try this app
One of its functions is a silent startup. After installation, go into the app and tap the wrench icon. You'll find the mute startup sounds check box in there.
This worked for me on an older phone without needing root or anything special, and I've heard of it working on other phones too. My M8 doesn't seem to have a startup sound to begin with, so I can't say if it'll work on this phone or not.
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-27-2015, 08:57 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-17-2014, 08:51 AM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-16-2014, 10:00 AM
- By Lee Gunn in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2014, 05:50 PM
- By MazzaUK in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream SandwichReplies: 0Last Post: 07-15-2014, 01:44 PM