Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sprint 4.4.3 Update

Things you have noticed about the new update? I have noticed improved signal strength, battery life, WiFi calling, Swype keyboard update, and stability enhancements.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    7,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Default Re: Sprint 4.4.3 Update

My nephew got an update but it wasn't 4.4.3 and the only new thing he noticed was the wifi calling.
    I'll check back with him next week to see if he has anything new on his M8.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

There's also a new file manager and HD Voice added to your plan for free.
    can't wait to find out what's coming with 4.4.4 now.

Any of you noticed improved battery life, or at least improved standby time?

Sent from my HTC One M8

Global Posts
    7,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Not me. 😦

Sent From Another Galaxy
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

A few days after I updated, I went on the road, and have had no data roaming at all, even when standing next to a Verizon tower. Before the update I had normal slow data roaming, but I had it. I think a normal profile update will take care of it (I hope) but can't do that until I'm back in Sprint coverage. My keyboard player just bought an M8 a couple of days ago and hasn't updated yet, and he is able to data roam...
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    A few days after I updated, I went on the road, and have had no data roaming at all, even when standing next to a Verizon tower. Before the update I had normal slow data roaming, but I had it. I think a normal profile update will take care of it (I hope) but can't do that until I'm back in Sprint coverage. My keyboard player just bought an M8 a couple of days ago and hasn't updated yet, and he is able to data roam...
    And you've turned off Wifi calling before you do this test, right?

Sent from my HTC One M8

So can this file manager manage files on the SD card?

Global Posts
    7,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    Did you check mobile network settings?
    Make sure you have data roaming on, after an update it goes back to default.

Sent From Another Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by STARGATE View Post
    Did you check mobile network settings?
    Make sure you have data roaming on, after an update it goes back to default.

Sent From Another Galaxy
    Yes. I checked. Actually after this update data roaming was still active. I was able to use wifi calling while on a really crowded cellular network while roaming. While trying to use the roaming network, I kept getting a network busy signal, due to the large event in the area. I was on a hotel wifi network, and was able to make calls using wifi calling. Worked great. After the show tonight, while heading home from north central Iowa, once I hit I94 in southern Minnesota and picked up Sprint coverage, I was able to update my profile and PRI and that seemed to do the trick. I was able to steam Pandora all the way home, even through roaming areas...
    MIKE
    HTC ONE M8 HK Edition

Global Posts
    7,480 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Good deal, I'm glad is working for you now.

Sent From Another Galaxy