Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Voicemail Notification Keeps Popping Up!

I have an M8 on Verizon with Google Voice. I keep getting a voicemail notification for old voicemails and don't know how to turn it off. Any advice anyone can provide on how to disable this or at the very least get it to quit popping up randomly?

Default Re: Voicemail Notification Keeps Popping Up!

Weird. I started having problems today as well with that notification. I don't have Google voice, but to clear it you go to app manager and go to phone and clear data. For me it cleared it from my active notifications but still shows on my lock screen. Not sure how to get rid of that one.

Posted via Android Central App

My voicemail notification only disappears once I delete the voicemail...Is this what you mean? Or that you've deleted the voicemail but the notification still pops up?

[JTC One M8]

Listen to your voicemail via the old fashion way, longpress 1. This should clear the problem. You also may discover an unheard message.

I had this problem before. I believe it to be caused by Google Voice because once I got rid of Google Voice the problem disappeared.