G2 to M8
So I just "edged up"****** to a M8 and it's a bit of a learning curve and I have a few questions...
1- How does the power button hold up? I'm trying to find a Knock On/Off app that works because I'm a bit concerned about wearing out the button... mine feels loose.
2- When I adjust the volume +/- with headphones/without headphones the audio becomes crackly and distorted for a split second... is that normal?
3. Has anyone gotten QuickPic to work properly with the stock camera app? It doesn't show a small image preview in the bottom right after I take the photo. Or is there another app I should be using?
I'll probably think of more but thanks for any help you can give :-)!
******To Verizon customers: Make sure when you sign up for Edge you don't use someone elses upgrade on your account... I had to buy out the G2 just to have a device to trade in to edge up... confusing but if you want more information on the situation I'll provide!
- 07-17-2014, 11:38 PM #2
- 07-17-2014, 11:58 PM #4
- 07-18-2014, 12:46 AM #5
- 07-18-2014, 02:02 AM #6
- 07-18-2014, 03:39 AM #7
- 355 Posts
Re: G2 to M8
Yes try screen off and lock. Once activated swipe up the home button as if activating Google now and it'll give u the choice to use screen off and lock instead. If u set this then swiping up the home button will switch off the screen. I hardly ever touch the power button.
Posted via Android Central App
- 07-18-2014, 07:28 AM #8
- 2,329 Posts
Re: G2 to M8
In that screen is an option to "bypass lock screen on wake." If not selected (I think this is the default), turning the screen on goes to the lock screen. When you swipe to unlock, then it takes you to the security screen if you have one setup. With the option checked, turning the screen on takes you directly to the security screen, saving you a step to get into the phone. That's how mine is setup.
I use the stock double tap option to wake my phone, but I use a different app than listed in the other posts to tap mine off. It's called HTC Gesture Listener, and I found it in this post. Tap with 3 fingers and it turns off/locks the screen, which still leaves swiping up from the home button free for Google or if you think you'd be turning your phone off all the time swiping that area for something else. I'd personally love to turn that specific gesture off all together, but that's another topic.
- 07-18-2014, 01:49 PM #10
- 07-18-2014, 03:09 PM #11
- 07-18-2014, 03:11 PM #12
- 07-19-2014, 12:31 AM #13
- 07-19-2014, 05:51 AM #14
- 07-19-2014, 11:52 PM #15
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 9Last Post: 07-09-2015, 02:49 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 07-18-2014, 05:26 PM
- By gnr_2 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 07-18-2014, 01:58 PM
- By AC Question in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2014, 10:53 PM
- By AC Question in forum T-Mobile HTC SensationReplies: 1Last Post: 07-17-2014, 10:17 PM