Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Default 2 questions for those with an AT&T branded M8 (still on stock)...

Hey! I recently purchased an unlocked M8 direct from HTC and noticed a couple things. Yes, these are dumb, but I'd still love to know the answers!

#1. Does AT&T stay on the top left corner or is it completely blank of any carrier name?

#2. When you text and type a smiley like :-), does it turn into a smiley emoji or does it stay like :-)?

The reason I ask is I noticed that the software upgrades to my AT&T M7 fixed those 2 issues. However, my unlocked M8 does not show AT&T in the corner, nor does it turn a :-) into an actual emoji.

Thanks in advance!

Default Re: 2 questions for those with an AT&T branded M8 (still on stock)...

The ATT carrier tag stays up there for 2-3 seconds when you unlock it, then it goes dark.

I use hangouts for SMS, and there if you type or :-) it stays that way. If you put an emoji face in there, it stays emoji (hangouts has the emoji face there on the text input line)

EDIT- The android smilee above is not how it looks, AC changed that for me.
    Thanked by:
    holz75 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    164 Global Posts

Ohhh... ok. I'm not familliar with hangouts? Any idea about the stock messages app?

Just tried it, and it seems to not convert to emoji. Just leaves it plain text
    Thanked by:
    holz75