HTC One M8 Battery issue!!!

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Rooting is not for the faint of heart. By doing so you void your warranty. If you aren't careful, you can render your device useless.
Am I trying to convince you to not do it or scare you? No. I am trying to fully inform you of the implied course of action. I would read as much as you can about root and how to do so with your device. The M8 needs to have the bootloader unlocked, and that will wipe the device from everything.

Some reading material:
A little dated, but still vaild: Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central

Newest article by Jerry: There is no magic in root | Android Central

If you are interested in rooting I can try to help you out as much as I can.

Wakelock is a root only app.

i'd only like to use the xposed framework to add on feature which is to enable 2G only when screen off! shame.the network may or may not kill the battery

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i'd only like to use the xposed framework to add on feature which is to enable 2G only when screen off! shame.the network may or may not kill the battery

I think Tasker can do that.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I think Tasker can do that.

would tasker however cause wakelocks and increase cpu usage than therefore kill more battery life?

i have another issue, something was keeping my phone constantly awake for a ridiculous period. i was sleeping for about 6 hours and the phone dropped at least 20-30%. usually i charge when asleep but this time i decided to charge to 100 then let it be. now this standby time is ridiculous!

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Screen wasn't on. Phone was awake. Was Facebook messenger the culprit?

abyqevy3.jpg

use5ydy4.jpg

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
would tasker however cause wakelocks and increase cpu usage than therefore kill more battery life?

i have another issue, something was keeping my phone constantly awake for a ridiculous period. i was sleeping for about 6 hours and the phone dropped at least 20-30%. usually i charge when asleep but this time i decided to charge to 100 then let it be. now this standby time is ridiculous!

Nope. I have been running Tasker for a while and it doesn't cause wakelocks. It can, but it also depends on how you set up tasks and profiles.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
But I shouldn't have to. Never did on iPhone.

Its not really more that you have to, you can. I will admit, I turn on WiFi when I am home, but that isn't to save battery but data.
I have easily gone 15/16 hours per charge. I could probably go longer if I charged and unplugged right before going to sleep, but oh well.. Lol

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I get around 1 day and 12 hours to 2 days on a charge. I also dont use my phone at all times of the day as much as others do. I also never run with battery % number being shown as it starts to make me paranoid about whats happening to my battery every time it drops 1% when Im barely doing anything. I just know I easily get 1 day with moderate to heavy use.

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I get around 1 day and 12 hours to 2 days on a charge. I also dont use my phone at all times of the day as much as others do. I also never run with battery % number being shown as it starts to make me paranoid about whats happening to my battery every time it drops 1% when Im barely doing anything. I just know I easily get 1 day with moderate to heavy use.
Yeah I get about a days worth. I don't let it run to zero so maybe that's why I'm so paranoid!

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Its not really more that you have to, you can. I will admit, I turn on WiFi when I am home, but that isn't to save battery but data.
I have easily gone 15/16 hours per charge. I could probably go longer if I charged and unplugged right before going to sleep, but oh well.. Lol

Does WiFi use me battery more than mobile data?

AndroidFanatic247

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
What service do you have? Correct me if I'm wrong but if a phone has to search for a mobile data connection frequently that can put a nice amount of strain on the battery.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Think my phone doing a search for 3G continuously I'd what kept it awake thenn. But full on awake. ?

Not really a wakelock, but a good indication of why battery drain is so excessive.

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
What service do you have? Correct me if I'm wrong but if a phone has to search for a mobile data connection frequently that can put a nice amount of strain on the battery.
My house is quite old so the materials are more or less prime for blocking most mobile data signals. Only just got a WiFi router capable for penetrating (ha that'd what she said ) the walls get more diverse WiFi around the house.

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Not really a wakelock, but a good indication of why battery drain is so excessive.

I did get rid of Facebook messenger than as soon as that happened the awake time more less dropped until I actually used the phone.

AndroidFanatic247

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
My house is quite old so the materials are more or less prime for blocking most mobile data signals. Only just got a WiFi router capable for penetrating (ha that'd what she said ) the walls get more diverse WiFi around the house.
Well that seems to be one issue that leads to a quicker battery drain, does your phone drain quicker in or outside of your home? Or did you not pay so much attention to it?

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Well that seems to be one issue that leads to a quicker battery drain, does your phone drain quicker in or outside of your home? Or did you not pay so much attention to it?
To be honest recently I haven't had any major battery drains. I was just making sure I was getting what was advertised and nothing more. But this morning unused the phone for about an hour and a bit maybe more. Didn't use it for about 3_4 hours and the battery drained from about 91 to 65. Concerning and that'd when I saw the phone continuously awake with a Facebook messenger notification for that time frame. Take away Facebook. Active time is gone. But didn't have that issue till today. Shame as I use messenger a lot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1