Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Replacing the back of my M8

Hey guys,
    I got 2 dents on the back of my m8 and I found the back cover on a website called etradesupply. Just wondering if anyone has replaced the parts on their htc housing and if the process was difficult or not. Also if you guys can recommend me any sites to order the back from that'd be great!

Thanks

Posted via Android Central App
    rule the air.

Global Posts
    1,312 Global Posts

Default Re: Replacing the back of my M8

I've heard it was a daunting task. They rated the M8 one of the hardest phones to take apart. I would highly recommend not doing it.

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HTC+...Teardown/23615

I'd recommend not doing it, unless u have HTC or someone that really knows what they're doing. I know there's usually professional stores like in malls that know how to do it.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the replies,

I have heard it is very difficult but I am only planning on replacing the back so I don't think it should be too bad

Sorry to hear about the dents on your device. I've got a dent on mine, too. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Hashu Rahim View Post
    Hey guys,
    I got 2 dents on the back of my m8 and I found the back cover on a website called etradesupply. Just wondering if anyone has replaced the parts on their htc housing and if the process was difficult or not. Also if you guys can recommend me any sites to order the back from that'd be great!

Thanks

Replacing the back cover is easy. Remove the 2 speaker grill covers ( they are just stuck on) by sliding something under one edge and prying it up. then you will see the screws under the grills that you need to remove to take the back off. Once the screws are out pry the back off. Watch for power and volume buttons they may fall out.