WiFi doesn't wanna cooperate w the M8

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
This phone is blazing fast only when NOT
connected to WiFi. It's slow, Micro lag here & there. It's really weird bc any other phone I use on the same WiFi never encounters an error. I'm wondering if its a kit Kat issue

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just tested, and got 18 down and 12 up (roughly what is should be).
After you installed the KK update, did you reset or clear cache in recovery?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This phone is blazing fast only when NOT
connected to WiFi. It's slow, Micro lag here & there. It's really weird bc any other phone I use on the same WiFi never encounters an error. I'm wondering if its a kit Kat issue

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕??????
Don't think there any wifi issue with kit Kit Kat. More likely it's a setting issue either in the phone and usually more likely in the router. I get 60+ meg down on mine! which is my home network speed. I travel a lot and have absolutely no issues on random hotel wifi networks. This phone even transferred the networks from my Evo 4g LTE, using HTC back up.

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I just tested, and got 18 down and 12 up (roughly what is should be).
After you installed the KK update, did you reset or clear cache in recovery?

No, I had no idea how to do it at the time. I just did a cache clean just a few mins ago & it seems to of worked.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Don't think there any wifi issue with kit Kit Kat. More likely it's a setting issue either in the phone and usually more likely in the router. I get 60+ meg down on mine! which is my home network speed. I travel a lot and have absolutely no issues on random hotel wifi networks. This phone even transferred the networks from my Evo 4g LTE, using HTC back up.

I think it was also the router, I'm on a different WiFi now & everything is running great.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae