Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: LG G3 or HTC One (M8)

Out of the 4 phones at my house, Galaxy s4,Nokia 1020,iPhone 4s,and my m8,I get better reception than anyone both on cellular and WiFi and this is anywhere we are at on AT&T.

I was worried about it too, but my fears subsided rather quickly after getting mine.

Posted via Android Central App
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    I was set on a G3 but my friend's G3 kept randomly shutting down. He would think the phone was on and it would be off. Now I'm looking at the M8 but am worried about the lens film issue and the radios for low reception areas. Can someone please let me know if I should be wary of these issues?
    As stated earlier, the lens film issue is a non issue. many people have had success by just wiping it off and being done with it, and many people myself included haven't had the issue at all.

The radio's however I can see your concern, but I don't think it would be a concern for you. I switched to the m8 from an iPhone 5 and it is a very noticeable difference in radio reception. One particular place where my girlfriend gets one bar of LTE on her droid mini (Moto radio's) I get 3 bars of either 3g or 1x. Yeah, 1x. In the phones defense, I have only seen that occur in one spot and WiFi is available in that spot for me. And calls were perfectly clear in that area as well.

TLDR: yeah the radio's are weaker but it's not crippling.
    Mobile Enthusiast

Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB B1/Franco M5

Quote Originally Posted by burgboy View Post
    I'd prefer to buy LG G3. It's better than One M8.
    This adds absolutely nothing valuable to the discussion.

After reading the many discouraging reports of the LG G3 on this topic, I cannot say I agree at all. Accept for a shorter battery life, the LG G3 has performed well without any lags, shutdowns or overheating.

I nearly bought the HTC, and still consider it a fine phone. I do remember when it first came out that it too had many bugs, especially with the camera, but they were worked out with updates.

The LG will no doubt need updates as well, and as it's still using 4.4.2, I hope my only issue of battery life can be better managed with the next OTA.

Lots of good info in this thread, but I just wanted to acknowledge that there is almost NO lag on this phone at all with normal use. That has been my pet peeve with every phone I've ever had, and I love the way this device just sings when I need it to.

I messed around with both phones in the store today and they were both awesome. No lag in either and the screens on both were excellent. Max brightness on the G3 was somewhat disappointing but not a deal breaker. G3 screen size definitely wins but the m8 just felt better in the hand.

I now realize what people mean when they say the Samsung S5 is cartoonish but the Note 3 was awesome. I'm now more confused on what to get than I was before going to the store.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by fsfty View Post
    No lag in either...
    That's actually to be expected with demos. You figure demo phones don't really have anything but the stock apps running. So there likely isn't anything installed that would lag them. Also consider that they get tinkered with for a few minutes at a time and then sit, so they aren't really heated up enough to cause throttling. You have to use them under real world circumstances to see if there's any lag. And then your specific usage comes into play as to if, and how much, any lag happens.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #58  

Decided to go with the HTC One M8. I have been pretty satisfied with the phone especially its blazing speed. The only thing that took getting used to was the Camera, it is a decent camera but nothing spectacular. Other than that, an amazing phone.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123