On Home screen, two email notifcations

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
When I turn my phone on after it has been asleep, sometimes, I have two email notifications at the top left part. One is a gmail envelope, the other is plain. When I swipe down to get all notifications, there are two separate notifications. Clicking one takes me to my regular GMail inbox, the other to something that approximates it. Anyway to just get one and if so, Id prefer the Gmail one. Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The other notification is probably from the stock Email app. If you have both the Gmail app and Email app active, and you have the Email app linked to Gmail, then you'll get notifications from both apps about email from your Gmail account. Does that make sense?

Do you use the stock Email app for anything else besides Gmail? If not, I would simply Disable the Email app. Go to Settings>Apps>All​, select Email, and tap Disable. You could also Disable Exchange Services as well, since that's only used by the stock Email app.

memphislawyer

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Do you use the stock Email app for anything else besides Gmail? If not, I would simply Disable the Email app. Go to Settings>Apps>All​, select Email, and tap Disable. You could also Disable Exchange Services as well, since that's only used by the stock Email app.

Did not seem to cure it. I mean it did but when the phone went to sleep overnight, next morning two envelopes in the far upper left hand of the screen again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You still got a non-Gmail notification after disabling the stock Email app? That's strange. Can you double-check and make sure the stock Email app is in fact disabled? Or could you possibly have any other email apps installed?