Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

39 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts

Default Creaky Glass?

Lately I have been noticing a bit of movement and creakiness when I press on the right side of the display. It's not loose enough that it wobbles or anything, but I can definitely feel the glass sink slightly when depressed. Anyone else have this issue? Is this something that you think could get worse over time or would warrant requesting a replacement unit?

Default Re: Creaky Glass?

If you are in your 14 day warranty period, I would trad it in for a new one. If not, then you might be able to go through the free screen replacement with the HTC Advantage program.

HTC Customer Advantage | HTC United States

I've been experiencing something similar. Mine makes clicking/popping sounds when I apply pressure to the top left of my screen around the nano-sim tray. It is as if the screen is getting squashed in but I can't really see it move. I'm thinking of taking it back to the shop and get it repaired but I'm holding back for a few weeks as I need to use my phone because I don't have a back up android phone to communicate with otherwise.

65 Posts
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

I actually had the same issue on my One X. I didn't discover it until a few months after I purchased it. Luckily nothing bad happened with the screen whole time I used the phone.