ART turn m8 truly laggless

The Royaloak

May 11, 2013
Visit site
After activating art (android runtime, Dev options ). M8 turns crazy smooth, akin to the feel of iPhone fresh out of box. Even fix some my app crashing issue. I think art is almost essential if you are using m8. Try it guys

Posted via Android Central App

Smply_Rcklss

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll switch in between them every now again, but ART seems kinda buggy to me & I suffer a lot of app crashes plus battery life seems less.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

The Royaloak

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Frankly speaking w ART... my touch response, keyboard, scroll animation and load speed were cut halved. Typing letter appear almost immediate the moment I touch the keyboard. Took my 10sec to type this... Amazing

The Royaloak

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just tested soul guardian age of midgard. Before art, I would crash out 100% midway in any raid when doing online co op. But now, the game load smoothly without heating issue and able finish the raid without crashing.

Not sure about other game thou. (I don't really play games. Just this as I'm 100% sure it was unplayable before I activated art)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I found Smash Bandits is unplayable on ART, so I went back to Dalvek. At least until I get bored with that game. :p

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Frankly speaking w ART... my touch response, keyboard, scroll animation and load speed were cut halved. Typing letter appear almost immediate the moment I touch the keyboard. Took my 10sec to type this... Amazing

I agree with you, I was set up on ART as well for a week. Whenever I typed I would type 2 words before I even saw them, there was lag on my keyboard and messaging app. Sounds silly but because of that I switched back. I did notice phone was smoother and faster, but it was smooth and fast without ART enabled.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
After activating art (android runtime, Dev options ). M8 turns crazy smooth, akin to the feel of iPhone fresh out of box. Even fix some my app crashing issue. I think art is almost essential if you are using m8. Try it guys

Odd. I used ART for a couple of days and I kept having an issue where it bogged my phone down randomly to the point where my screen would become unresponsive. The issue was persistent enough that I went back to Dalvik twice.

My M8 did not perform well on ART. It started out fine and then went downhill.

My M8 is much smoother and more consistent on Dalvik, which is odd.

Verizon is my carrier, so that may be the problem.

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Pardon the ignorance. Do I need to be rooted to try this?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Pardon the ignorance. Do I need to be rooted to try this?

No. You just need to enable developer options and then just choose which runtime. I tried ART for a little over a month and noticed it may be a bit snappier (maybe...) but found many apps that wouldn't work and would crash and also had a glitchy boot. Sometimes it would take a while and then ask to send in an error report. I switched back and really don't notice the difference. The phone is very smooth and responsive as is.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I had the exact opposite of this. From day one I turned on ART and began installing apps.. although most of the time my device was smooth, it would sometimes become super unresponsive, lag REAL bad and just be real slow and laggy and then it would speed up.

For whatever reason, switching back to DALVIK cleared ALL that up and it's back to being super smooth. I guess I'll have to wait for L to get ART to see if things work better for me.

Legobricke

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I too went back to Dalvick....

I did see performance upsides with ART but I did run into some app crashes and on a couple of occasions, the M* would crash and not boot back on. Had to use the volume up and power button to get it to turn back on.... Also, when I would use Google mapps for any trip over three hours, it would freeze and would require a volume up and power reboot.

Since returning to Dalvick, these issues have disappeared...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs