3rd party keyboards

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
When I first got my phone I used swiftkey for about a day but the stock keyboard just looks more professional. Swiftkey looks cheap no matter what keyboard skin you use.
What do you guys think ?

Last edited:

James E1

Trusted Member
Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I am using Android L keyboard on an M7. Stock keyboard was ok and google keyboard is what I used the most. Tried swiftkey and did not like it. Installed Android L keyboard and I like it the most. It's not on the play store anymore so if you want it you will have to find the APK on the net and sideload it.

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I am using Android L keyboard on an M7. Stock keyboard was ok and google keyboard is what I used the most. Tried swiftkey and did not like it. Installed Android L keyboard and I like it the most. It's not on the play store anymore so if you want it you will have to find the APK on the net and sideload it.
Fleksy was good but had no Swype support. Enjoyed the gestures.

NickPorter

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
I always find myself back with using Google keyboard. Never had a problem with it. It also has a "Swype" function that has worked perfectly during the few times I used it, and its always enabled. Wasn't a fan of Swiftkey for some reason.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey hands down. After a few weeks of learning all the jacked up stuff I type, it practically reads my mind.

Posted via Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think many people use SwiftKey for a few days, and give up on it. You really need to give it several weeks to give it a chance to learn your writing style.

Also, are you letting SwiftKey learn from your SMS messages, Facebook, email, etc? That helps a bunch, too.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I think many people use SwiftKey for a few days, and give up on it. You really need to give it several weeks to give it a chance to learn your writing style.

Also, are you letting SwiftKey learn from your SMS messages, Facebook, email, etc? That helps a bunch, too.

I used for the full 30 day trial a while back, and I just didn't care for some of the implementations. Can't remember what exactly because it's been so long. I've been the official Swype keyboard. It too has its works, but they were more tolerable for me then Swift Key.

Whyareallthegoodnamestaken

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
SwiftKey is my favourite because it's predictions are eerily accurate and the corrections so good that you can confidently type while drunk. Also it seems to use the same algorithms as the new BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard.

Posted via Android Central App

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
It just doesn't look professional enough to use swift key on such a well designed device like the M8
I use the Nickel theme on SwiftKey and it has a minimal look that looks like everything else. Please explain what a "professional" look for a keyboard looks like. We're waiting.

muzia1

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I use the Nickel theme on SwiftKey and it has a minimal look that looks like everything else. Please explain what a "professional" look for a keyboard looks like. We're waiting.
Well there's no need to be mean about it lol. It suits the structure of the phone. It looks mature and it is reasonably well structured. As good as swiftkey it makes me a bit lazy with regards to typing. End up losing the skill and typing anywhere to get words up !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2