Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

When I first got my phone I used swiftkey for about a day but the stock keyboard just looks more professional. Swiftkey looks cheap no matter what keyboard skin you use.
    What do you guys think ?
    Last edited by muzia1; 07-23-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Default Re: 3rd party keyboards

I am using Android L keyboard on an M7. Stock keyboard was ok and google keyboard is what I used the most. Tried swiftkey and did not like it. Installed Android L keyboard and I like it the most. It's not on the play store anymore so if you want it you will have to find the APK on the net and sideload it.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by James E1 View Post
    I am using Android L keyboard on an M7. Stock keyboard was ok and google keyboard is what I used the most. Tried swiftkey and did not like it. Installed Android L keyboard and I like it the most. It's not on the play store anymore so if you want it you will have to find the APK on the net and sideload it.
    Fleksy was good but had no Swype support. Enjoyed the gestures.

I've tried other keyboards but I keep going back to SwiftKey. It gets better the more you use it as it learns from your history.

Swiftkey
    htc One M8, Galaxy s4 retired, htc Thunderbolt retired

Sent from my Atari 2600

I always find myself back with using Google keyboard. Never had a problem with it. It also has a "Swype" function that has worked perfectly during the few times I used it, and its always enabled. Wasn't a fan of Swiftkey for some reason.
    ffejjj likes this.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

SwiftKey hands down. After a few weeks of learning all the jacked up stuff I type, it practically reads my mind.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    539 Global Posts

I think many people use SwiftKey for a few days, and give up on it. You really need to give it several weeks to give it a chance to learn your writing style.

Also, are you letting SwiftKey learn from your SMS messages, Facebook, email, etc? That helps a bunch, too.
    Sprint Customer since 2003, 5 lines, currently loving my HTC One. Previous phones - Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G, HTC Hero, BB Tour, BB Curve, BB Pearl, Palm Centro, LG-Muziq, Katana DLX, LG 550, Sanyo MM 5600, Sanyo 8200, Sanyo 8100

Quote Originally Posted by jhilker View Post
    I think many people use SwiftKey for a few days, and give up on it. You really need to give it several weeks to give it a chance to learn your writing style.

Also, are you letting SwiftKey learn from your SMS messages, Facebook, email, etc? That helps a bunch, too.
    I used for the full 30 day trial a while back, and I just didn't care for some of the implementations. Can't remember what exactly because it's been so long. I've been the official Swype keyboard. It too has its works, but they were more tolerable for me then Swift Key.

Google Keyboard is my favorite 3rd party keyboard.
    ffejjj likes this.

Another 'me too' for Google Keyboard.

SwiftKey has a new version & it is now free. Give it another try. My favorite new feature is a number row.

SwiftKey is my favourite because it's predictions are eerily accurate and the corrections so good that you can confidently type while drunk. Also it seems to use the same algorithms as the new BlackBerry 10 virtual keyboard.

Google keyboard for sure

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador

I also like the stock M8 keyboard, I find myself switching back & forth w the stock & android L keyboard.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

It just doesn't look professional enough to use swift key on such a well designed device like the M8

Quote Originally Posted by muzia1 View Post
    It just doesn't look professional enough to use swift key on such a well designed device like the M8
    You're the only one viewing it.
    Besides, they have tons of themes on their website
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

I use the Nickel theme on SwiftKey and it has a minimal look that looks like everything else. Please explain what a "professional" look for a keyboard looks like. We're waiting.

Same exact reason why I don't use it, it looks kinda immature to me.

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    I use the Nickel theme on SwiftKey and it has a minimal look that looks like everything else. Please explain what a "professional" look for a keyboard looks like. We're waiting.
    Well there's no need to be mean about it lol. It suits the structure of the phone. It looks mature and it is reasonably well structured. As good as swiftkey it makes me a bit lazy with regards to typing. End up losing the skill and typing anywhere to get words up !

I use the Sense theme on SwiftKey, perfect combination of looks and functionality

My M8 posted this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3rd party keyboards-26158.jpg  

I use SwiftKey, Pitch Black theme.
    that Sense theme looks tough, though...didn't even know there was a Sense theme.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    I use the Sense theme on SwiftKey, perfect combination of looks and functionality

My M8 posted this
    This may change my mind I shall post here what happens next. Maybe annoying to have to 're add all my Arab words into English on it haha #immigrantproblems

where can i find the Sense theme? i don't see it in the Theme Store.

It's a custom theme from someone on XDA

My M8 posted this
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast