Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mooncatt
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Scratch on the Screen

So I've had my M8 for about 2 months now, and a few days ago I noticed a tiny scratch right above where the keyboard is, so I constantly see it when I'm texting. Usually this wouldn't bother me, but based on the location I'd really like to get rid of it. I tried the toothpaste method a few times but I'm not sure if I did it right - is there any other way to get rid of scratches or can someone please thoroughly explain the toothpaste method and I'll try again?

Default Re: Scratch on the Screen

The toothpaste method is just for the camera lenses and is removing a coating on the lens. It's not removing scratches of the lens itself. As far as I know, there's no way to remove scratches from actual glass without making things worse. I could be wrong, but I've never seen mention of it in the scratched screen threads I've seen.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah I read online that it's supposed to work for the screen but I guess not. I tried it a few times and it looked the exact same. It's not bad enough to want to replace the screen, but it's so annoying because of the placement of it.

Yeah, Gorilla Glass may be good, but can still be scratched by dirt and sand. My suggestion is to get a tempered glass screen protector on it before more scratches appear on the screen itself.
    James E1 likes this.