Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Exclamation Missing roaming settings

    Guys check the screenshot below, I dont have roaming settings anymore!
    I cannot enable data connection a while roaming because of this. Need help urgently.

  2. #2  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    What carrier?

    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Sprint
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    GSM/UMTS? What phone is that?
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Quote Originally Posted by dchawk81 View Post
    GSM/UMTS? What phone is that?
    Its an unlocked Sprint M8 hence it has options for WCDMA, GSM, UTMS, LTE and EvDO.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Gotcha. Have you tried going into the menus and updating the profile? I'm not sure where that would be on your phone, but it's under System Update on the Galaxy S3.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    I cannot update the profile as i get an error saying profile cannot be updated under gsm network, it requires a CDMA network.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Okay so you're not even on a home Sprint signal. Get a signal from Sprint then try.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Quote Originally Posted by dchawk81 View Post
    Okay so you're not even on a home Sprint signal. Get a signal from Sprint then try.
    I am using it in india so not possible bro...
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Well then that's why you can't roam either. It's for Verizon partnerships in the US.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    It might be an issue if you haven't signed up for Sprint International Roaming. It's really expensive, I'd suggest that until you get back just buy a prepaid Sim there to use. It'll be waaaaaay cheaper than international roaming plans, and if you're unlocked then it shouldn't be a problem to get it set up.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Quote Originally Posted by kronosqq View Post
    It might be an issue if you haven't signed up for Sprint International Roaming. It's really expensive, I'd suggest that until you get back just buy a prepaid Sim there to use. It'll be waaaaaay cheaper than international roaming plans, and if you're unlocked then it shouldn't be a problem to get it set up.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
    I am using it in india on an indian prepaid gsm network as i have unlocked the device.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Quote Originally Posted by rachitboom2 View Post
    I am using it in india on an indian prepaid gsm network as i have unlocked the device.
    In that case it sounds a lot like whatever network you're on doesn't allow roaming.

    Sent from my HTC One M8
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    You should probably look at converting to an international ROM to get around stupid American carrier problems

    My M8 posted this
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: Missing roaming settings

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelunchbag View Post
    You should probably look at converting to an international ROM to get around stupid American carrier problems

    My M8 posted this
    How do i do that ?
    I cannot see any tutorial or any such post on it.

Similar Threads

  1. Samsung Galaxy S5 "Downloads" folder is missing from Gallery
    By MagicaDeSpell in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-12-2014, 07:03 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 03:44 AM
  3. MMS setting for Samsung Galaxy Express on Straight Talk
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 04:51 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 10:38 AM
  5. Samsung Galaxy S3 Stuck in Roaming need help
    By iphone9 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-25-2014, 10:09 AM

Posting Permissions