Missing roaming settings

rachitboom2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Guys check the screenshot below, I dont have roaming settings anymore!
I cannot enable data connection a while roaming because of this. Need help urgently.

vd0b43.jpg

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Gotcha. Have you tried going into the menus and updating the profile? I'm not sure where that would be on your phone, but it's under System Update on the Galaxy S3.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
It might be an issue if you haven't signed up for Sprint International Roaming. It's really expensive, I'd suggest that until you get back just buy a prepaid Sim there to use. It'll be waaaaaay cheaper than international roaming plans, and if you're unlocked then it shouldn't be a problem to get it set up.

Sent from my HTC One M8

rachitboom2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
It might be an issue if you haven't signed up for Sprint International Roaming. It's really expensive, I'd suggest that until you get back just buy a prepaid Sim there to use. It'll be waaaaaay cheaper than international roaming plans, and if you're unlocked then it shouldn't be a problem to get it set up.

Sent from my HTC One M8

I am using it in india on an indian prepaid gsm network as i have unlocked the device.

Bo Mathis

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Ok, here's what likely happened. You manually downloaded and applied Android 5.0 by clicking Check for Updates on your phone. Samsung screwed up and for a brief time had a corrupted download version before they corrected it. Unfortunately, for people like me, the download caused issues including the loss of the Roaming settings.

The good news is that Samsung developed a patch available on Google Play called "Refresh Customization". The bad news is that applying the patch will completely scramble your icons, folders, ... Samsung makes great hardware, but, their software is atrocious and this patch only serves to reinforce their legacy.

If you apply the patch, your Roam settings will return. Just figure on spending two days restoring your phone back to something you recognize.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2