Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Material Design and Sense 6

I'm planning on getting the HTC One M8 soon. I'm wondering will Android L's material design still be on the phone even with Sense 6?

Default Re: Material Design and Sense 6

Quote Originally Posted by andrew202 View Post
    I'm planning on getting the HTC One M8 soon. I'm wondering will Android L's material design still be on the phone even with Sense 6?
    I currently have it and no there's no sign of Android L on the device..but wit the new updates that will come I'm sure it'll be on with the OTA update

Posted via T-Mobile HTC One M8
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks, but that wasn't what I meant. I meant will Material Design still be on HTC One even with the skinned, Sense 6. Since Sense 6 is a ui over Android.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,880 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by andrew202 View Post
    Thanks, but that wasn't what I meant. I meant will Material Design still be on HTC One even with the skinned, Sense 6. Since Sense 6 is a ui over Android.
    Sure. Material Design is about design, and not operating system. You're already seeing it in Sense 6 if you use one of the docs apps, or the Chrome Beta. Or Google+.
    dajobo likes this.

I too, was wondering about this. Will HTC scrap their custom skin when L is released? I doubt it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

As long as I don't have to switch over to those new home, back, multitasking buttons I'll be fairly happy. To hazard a guess, HTC will continue to evolve the UI, but they're not going to switch over to stock suddenly when L comes out.

Non HTC apps will be pure material design whenever they're updated though. You can get a look at this a bit with the newest play store update. It's still rolling out but you can always push the apk manually. Made the pages for individual apps much more material designy.

Sent from my HTC One M8